http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080311/us_nm/drinking_prevention_dc

"In their study of more than 4,000 sixth-graders at Chicago schools, 17 percent of the children had used alcohol in the past year."

jeez, what's going on with kids today? When I was in 5th grade, i remember that the thing in our group was a video game called legend of dragoon. On a sleep over, we would play the game for hours along with some other robot fighting game, play with guns that shoot those rubber bullets, and just eat sundaes really late at night. NO thoughts of alcohol, fights, trying to be rebellious, or anything. This is seriously messed up.
It's the cool thing to do man, stop getting all up in there business knahwhatimsayin?
You think this is uncommon, and somehow new?

But, seriously, it's not like it's anything new. I knew people like that in 6th and 7th grade, and some of them even lost complete control by 9th grade.

Sad? Of course. Anything that can be stopped? Not really.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
to enforce it, they should assign this as a school uniform
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
The kids can really only get it off their parents. So blame them.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Quote by cheeseman3001
to enforce it, they should assign this as a school uniform

That would only encourage more drinking, IMO.

Kids would be drinking IN their uniforms.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by fallenangel20
That would only encourage more drinking, IMO.

Kids would be drinking IN their uniforms.

it was a joke ...
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Those statistics could be misleading though. 17% of 6th graders have "used" alcohol in the last year. That could mean drinking a little bit of champagne at new years...
Last edited by Masamune at Mar 12, 2008,
Kids lie to look cool, and those figures are pobably exaggerated. The things we did are just as bad, it just seems crazy to us looking back on it. Also, with new technology things like this are able to spread more easily.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
what is the difference between 6th grade and the faggy 10th graders that do the same thing
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by Xplozive
The kids can really only get it off their parents. So blame them.

Blame the parents and teachers; it's their fault, "Annuit Coeptis"... i felt some megadeth was appropriate.
wut the... lol. i like played n64 and sports with my buddies all the time in grade 6. i still don't drink and i'm 17... XD
I was more or less offered sex by a middle schooler while walking home today.
just thought I'd add that in to the whole "What's wrong with the kids?" thing
Quote by cheeseman3001
it was a joke ...

I'd wear it

Also, I blame society

.and the parents of course.
Natural selection at its finest.
Let them be.
Let's see them 10 years in the future and check how they improved.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Quote by ilikeguitar90
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080311/us_nm/drinking_prevention_dc

"In their study of more than 4,000 sixth-graders at Chicago schools, 17 percent of the children had used alcohol in the past year."

jeez, what's going on with kids today? When I was in 5th grade, i remember that the thing in our group was a video game called legend of dragoon. On a sleep over, we would play the game for hours along with some other robot fighting game, play with guns that shoot those rubber bullets, and just eat sundaes really late at night. NO thoughts of alcohol, fights, trying to be rebellious, or anything. This is seriously messed up.

When did you go to 5th grade? When I was in 5th grade, all my friends were smoking pot, getting wasted, and I was helping them beat people up in fights. But, I am only an hours drive from Chicago.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
lol when i was in gr 6, i was a nerd. i thought i was so cool cuz i played soccer but i ran like goku when he flies, with his hands on his sides. and i was so controlled by my parents. I stll am, and i'm like in gr 12 now. i'v never done anything bad. *cries* WHY!!!!!!??/!@!!!
Quote by cheeseman3001
it was a joke ...

I figured.

And, I just realised something.

The thread title is, "Drinking prevention needed in grade school", but we already have that, really.

We have D.A.R.E. in 5th grade. Now, the effectiveness of the program is one matter, but there ARE programs for such things in grade school.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by CORT noob
When did you go to 5th grade? When I was in 5th grade, all my friends were smoking pot, getting wasted, and I was helping them beat people up in fights. But, I am only an hours drive from Chicago.

What city?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by wemonir
what is the difference between 6th grade and the faggy 10th graders that do the same thing

Drinking makes you a raging homosexual?
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
I remember my Grandfather was drinking a bottle of Jager when I was in 4th grade. I asked him what it was and he gave me a drink of it. It burned the **** out of my throat. He looked at me and took a big drink of it.
Drinking is an excellent source of fun... IN MODERATION of course.... Who said these kids were getting wasted. I can remember a time not to long ago when i was a young lad the age of 10 and I idolized my dad and i wanted to be like him. "Dad can i try your beer" and he said yes. I don't blame parents I blame the surveyors. Tell me the percent of that 17 that were just curious and wanted to taste. YOU CANT HAVE!!! is worse than just a little bit.
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE