So, yours truly's birthday is fast approaching, and his parents want to buy him something special for his accomplishment of making it to 16 without doing something stupid and killing himself. Now I pose you the question. I can either choose between a nice watch, or some guitar gear that I do not need. I have had the idea for a watch for a few months now, and I would be asking for a nice watch. (Steel, functioning). Any insight, and, info on watch prices would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Rolex?
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Why would you want a watch?

Serious question is there any reason?
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Quote by Mental-lica

Better watch = bigger penis
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Come on you guys! The choice is between
A nice awesome steel functioning watch that he was wanted
or
Some piece of junk guitar gear that he doesn't need or want and will probably break.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
swiss army watch, with like matches on it or something.
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
unless you've already used and consistently wore a watch, yeah. but really when you get a watch at first you wear it a lot but then you start forgetting or not wanting to ware it b/c it becomes a hassle. if you dont need any guitar gear, just ask for something else
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
it's all up to you man. Some questions to ask yourself:

do you already have nice guitar gear? do you really need anything?

if you get the watch, will you even really wear it?
Quote by Mental-lica

You: What time is it?
Answer: Time for you to get a watch! or Time for you to get laid!
*Facepalm*

Note: I don't have a cellphone, so a watch is the most reliable.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Well, i don't need guitar gear, is the thing. And I need a watch for i never know the time, and am always late for things. Keep your help coming.
I hate watches soooo much. So if I had to choose between those I'd be screwed. Ummm, yeah I just realized this comment was totally useless.
Quote by SathiaSun
You: What time is it?
Answer: Time for you to get a watch! or Time for you to get laid!
*Facepalm*

Note: I don't have a cellphone, so a watch is the most reliable.

Where Im from clocks are everywhere. STFU it was a serious question.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Get a Nixon watch and be cool. You can get a pretty nice one for around $300. Although the cheaper ones are quite nice too, maybe $120, many Nixons can be more on the pricey side ranging even up to nearly $800 dollars. Myself, I have the Antique Brown Player and I absolutely love it. It had cost me about $320, but it's waterproof up to 100m (basically you can surf with it on), and it has a real diamond.
Well I probably wont be the one choosing it, my parents are wierd, i tell them what i want and they go and get it.
well either you get a simple quartz watch that you can throw away when your getting a real watch(real watches dont have batteries you know ), Nixon(quartz) is kinda bling if your in to that kind of stuff(i think they look like a piece of **** but that's just me), but you can get a nice vintage Seiko diver watch or a vostok scuba or a vintage Seiko 5 automatic for almost nothing(~$200 the Seiko 5 is cheaper depending on the model i say $100 and up). and Tudor(Rolex's "budget" brand) is really cheep in the states($350 and up) and they look really good. my advice to you is to look into the used market, a mechanical watch from the 30's is always a better buy then a brand new quartz(and it doesnt matter if it says breitling or Rolex or what ever on the dial a quartz is a quartz)

(if you get a mechanical watch make sure that its running good, a service will set you back at least $500 if its not a chronograph, then you will be looking at $1000 and up, depending on the movement)
Danelectro '59 DC

Amplitube 3

Aaand my superlux headphones