Pronounced as 'Casey', it stands for California High School Exit Exam.

It's a ridiculously easy English and Math based test that is taken sophomore year, and is a graduation requirement.

I took the first half of mine today, and I can safely say:

It is the worst 8 hours anyone will ever spend, ever.
Can't listen to iPods, read, or do other work after you finish, either, because it 'jeopardizes' the testing environment.

Do any other states have any ridiculous graduation requirements or exams like this?
one of my buddies failed the math last year and we gave him alot of Sh%$ for it
Haha. It was ridiculous. We finished in under an hour, but our instructor let us do w/e we wanted.

The cool thing is, only the soph's go to school that day, every1 else goes at 12 :] We had it last month though :/ i miss it.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
I took it last year and there was a near-riot when we had a snack break. Also, everyone ine the whole gym (a good 700 kids) started shhshing at once. It was glorious.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by SathiaSun
Haha. It was ridiculously boring last year. We finished our tests in like, 30 min - 1 hour.

The cool thing is, only the soph's go to school that day, every1 else goes at 12 :] We had it last month though :/ i miss it.

Yeah my school makes all the Freshman, Juniors and Seniors go the gym or the PAC, though they never really do.

Which i can't go against, cause I'll probably do it next year anyways
Quote by Alexishxc1337
Boring as hell, right?

**** yea it was, the essay part was a bitch
Quote by Remonster
If you don't pass the CAHSEE, you are definitely retarded. It's as simple as that.

Truth.

The English portion was simple comprehension questions, and an essay.

Done in about an hour and a half total.

The essay was the hour too.
I'm doing it next year. We only got 4 hours though, not 8. Although it seems this may be a good thing.
I missed mine today cause I'm really sick and I'm gonna have to take it next year...and 8 hours?!?!?! wtf mine's 4 hours for 2 days.
Quote by GuitarHero87645
I missed mine today cause I'm really sick and I'm gonna have to take it next year...and 8 hours?!?!?! wtf mine's 4 hours for 2 days.

Exactly, its a combined 8 hours wasted.

And venom, which prompt did you get?
Texas does a TAKS test (Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills) and is taken at the junior level. At least one third of the students in my class failed it, its not hard, just common sense (which most people don't have) and only contains one "difficult" question (total of about 50 to 60). haha, I just realized something (I love prenthesis!)
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by Alexishxc1337
Exactly, its a combined 8 hours wasted.

And venom, which prompt did you get?

what do you mean prompt?
We had to write about a company providing a product or service to whom, why, where, etc. I wrote about my own custom TV remote company, it was pretty easy.

Its a bull**** test, true, but if you think about it.. if somebody honestly can't pass that test, they don't deserve to graduate. While its pointless for the brighter people, it weeds out the dumbasses.
Sad thing is that half the Mexi-can'ts in my school don't pass it.

No wonder we never get any funding.
Quote by N_I_N-621
Sad thing is that half the Mexi-can'ts in my school don't pass it.

No wonder we never get any funding.

I think my school has like over a 90% pass rate which is pretty good. However if kids don't pass it the first time, they are enrolled in these ****ty CAHSEE classes for the next year.

I get what you are talking about though, Mexi-can'ts seem to be notorious throughout southern California.
I love the CAHSEE because i am a senior and have no 5th or 6th period so get out of school at 11:05.
CAPO!
No! You pooped your pants and now we all have to leave!
God CAHSEEs suck. They make the rest of us go to school while the dumb sophomores take the damn thing. I had to sit in my 2nd period for four fucking hours today, twiddling my thumbs because after we finished our busywork there was nothing to do. At least they break it up between two days for us.

Anyways, it was the easiest test I've ever taken. I scored perfect on the English and got a 424 on the Math. I'm a senior now, though, so that bastard test is just a pimple on the ass of my memory.
easiest test ever, i brought my guitar and my teacher let me play after for like 45 minutes
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
Quote by Alexishxc1337
Pronounced as 'Casey', it stands for California High School Exit Exam.

It's a ridiculously easy English and Math based test that is taken sophomore year, and is a graduation requirement.

I took the first half of mine today, and I can safely say:

It is the worst 8 hours anyone will ever spend, ever.
Can't listen to iPods, read, or do other work after you finish, either, because it 'jeopardizes' the testing environment.

Do any other states have any ridiculous graduation requirements or exams like this?

hahaha
I took that ****er today
I got to listen to music while doing it
The english portion took me 45 minutes
Yeah, everyone had to go through it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
We have Proficiency Exams where i'm at, as far as I know, they're ****ing EZ PZ.
I took a practice one for math that was only a 40question section.
Finished in like 15minutes.
The most I could've got wrong out of the 40 was 2.

Ez. Pz.
Only the highest of retards fail the test.
Took the english today. Math tomorrow.

I took like 45 minutes to do the whole thing. Then I listen to music and played pokemon yellow on my gameboy.
oh yeah.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.