I'm looking to get a pedal that is a fuzz octave-down that allows the control of the fuzz gain. Ideally would be a pedal that allows control of an octave up and down control. Anything exist? I'm liking the MXR blue box, but no control over the fuzz, even though it sounds so good.
There's a few of fuzz octave pedals that I can think of...

The Foxx Tone Machine, the legendary Tychobrahe Octavia and its many clones...

The Tone Machine is still in production, and has a toggle for the octave.
The Octavia has several clones out, the Chicago Iron one sounding the most amazing to my ears, and there's also the Fulltone one. Neither have a switch for the octave.

However, enough DIY project exist out on the web that will allow you to build the pedal with a stomp switch to turn off the "octave" effect.

Both of these are octave up.

If you want to control octave up and down, and control your descent or ascent into said octave...You'd have to look into something like a Digitech Whammy (Or Electro-Harmonix HOG) + Fuzz pedal.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Might as well get a harmonist or something to that effect and get a good fuzz. Just wanted to kill two birds with one stone.
Those both sound nice. Any octave down pedals with an on/off switch for the octave that you are aware of?
...Umm...analog ones? Not that I know of. Whenever I hear of octave down effects, it's always a digital effect like a EHX POG or HOG, or a Whammy.

I'm sure there are, if you Google it. Don't know if they're in production, though.

EDIT: Here's one cheap enough you practically HAVE to give it a try, haha:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Danelectro-DJ12-Chili-Dog-Octave-Pedal?sku=151871&CJAID=10381297&CJPID=2179950

Here's another couple, probably better ones:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Octave-Multiplexer-Pedal?sku=153324&CJAID=10381297&CJPID=2179950
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guyatone-Micro-Series-MO3-Micro-Octaver-Pedal?sku=150337&CJAID=10381297&CJPID=2179950
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Mar 12, 2008,
octave down? EH Pog or mini pog. reg old octave fuzz, i have not heard anything better than the fulltole octafuzz, check it out man.
Quote by jcopello
octave down? EH Pog or mini pog. reg old octave fuzz, i have not heard anything better than the fulltole octafuzz, check it out man.

from joe satriani and various soundclips i prefer the ultimate octave to the octafuzz. it seems warmer. (or at least can get warmer)

i have tried the homebrew ufo and think its great. i didnt like the octave up sound too much to justify the price but thats me thats the problem not the pedal. the pedal does what it says it does very well indeed. its also reasonably cheap in comparison to the fulltones. i highly reccomend it.
Well I don't really want an octave up fuzz. I want an octave down is what I really want. The option would be sweet. There's just not too many fuzz octave down with control of the fuzz.
Quote by Jahsoul
Well I don't really want an octave up fuzz. I want an octave down is what I really want. The option would be sweet. There's just not too many fuzz octave down with control of the fuzz.

i could be wrong but i dont think your requesting a very common pedal, all the fuzz pedals ive seen are associated with octave up, not octave down. maybe give me a example of a octave down pedal or something?