I have some single coils and a standard strat pickguard, but I think it looks better (as it is a black pickguard) to not have the little plasic covers that came on them on.
I'm thinking that I could just wrap the pickup in electrical tape just continuing the job that the pickup tape (not really any as these are crappy pickups) started. You know, becaause they would practically be falling out otherwise (yes I know it wouldn't happen because they're screwed into the pickguard)

Would the electrical tape have any effect on the pickup, or can I use it to make the pickup a little bigger (in size)?
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
electrical tape not conducting electricity? it should be fine. but then if the wiring just falls out when you take off the pickup cover, your pickup is obviously not worth any job.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
electrical tape not conducting electricity? it should be fine. but then if the wiring just falls out when you take off the pickup cover, your pickup is obviously not worth any job.

no no no, the pickup, when not screwed to the pickguard, is skinny enough to fall through the pickguard hole.

I think I should be fine with electrical tape, I don't see how it could be soo messy? Unless the pickup heats up and melts the adhesive, but I don't think they do. I don't really want to get a special role of tape for a couple pickups anyway, would hockey tape do?
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Buy new covers.
or spray paint them yourself.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!