OK, i went to a guitar shop about 20 miles away called Red House that i dont visit too much since the distance. And I was looking around and saw my first 7 string and nearly creamed my pants.

It was an ESP LTD F-Series body shape with skull and cross bones inlays. I played around with it for a while, ultimately deciding I need to buy a 7 string someday.

Now the guy that manages the place is pretty cool but his story about this guitar sounded kinda far fetched, but maybe he's right, thats why I'm asking UG.

He said it was a prototype for a James Hetfield signature. And that there were only a limited number made and it never made the cut. Well Metallica doesn't use 7's and I don't recall seeing Hetfield with something with that shape. But Kirk Hammett does have the skull and cross bones inlays in his signature.

Was he serious or just trying to seel me the guitar?

He had it priced for 400 something dollars (US) used.
I'm Tyler
400s pretty cheap for a good 7 string. Ok, not pretty cheap... unbelievably cheap. 7 strings around that price range are usually crap.
Quote by Octtwe88
OK, i went to a guitar shop about 20 miles away called Red House that i dont visit too much since the distance. And I was looking around and saw my first 7 string and nearly creamed my pants.

It was an ESP LTD F-Series body shape with skull and cross bones inlays. I played around with it for a while, ultimately deciding I need to buy a 7 string someday.

Now the guy that manages the place is pretty cool but his story about this guitar sounded kinda far fetched, but maybe he's right, thats why I'm asking UG.

He said it was a prototype for a James Hetfield signature. And that there were only a limited number made and it never made the cut. Well Metallica doesn't use 7's and I don't recall seeing Hetfield with something with that shape. But Kirk Hammett does have the skull and cross bones inlays in his signature.

Was he serious or just trying to seel me the guitar?

He had it priced for 400 something dollars (US) used.

I think James uses a Seven String on the St. Anger Rehersals DVD. And I think he did use an F-Series.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Well it was used and i guess it went through that particular shop a couple times. It didn't seem like total crap for what I played. It had a Floyd Rose bridge btw.
I'm Tyler
Quote by benjy118
I think James uses a Seven String on the St. Anger Rehersals DVD. And I think he did use an F-Series.

Ah, thank you. I guess it was just a lack of knowledge on my part haha.
I'm Tyler
Quote by Octtwe88
Ah, thank you. I guess it was just a lack of knowledge on my part haha.

But I doubt Mr. Hetfield would have used an LTD...
Quote by bananahammock
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by Avedas
400s pretty cheap for a good 7 string. Ok, not pretty cheap... unbelievably cheap. 7 strings around that price range are usually crap.

Seconded. $400 for a 7-string suggests to me that something is up. As for whether it is a true story or not i don't know. Hetfield may be using 7-strings nowadays, havn't sean them live since 2001 (or was it 2?) BDO in Brisbane. He could be i guess, i can't see why someone would make up a story like that for no particular reason unless he's been having real trouble offloading that guitar but
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
I found a pic of some of James Guitars. You can see what looks like an F-Series on the far left

FUREDIT!: I can confirm that your Guitar is indeed a James Hetfield ESP LTD 7 String. Complete with Skull and Crossbone inlays

Quote by bananahammock
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Last edited by benjy118 at Mar 12, 2008,
Quote by benjy118
I found a pic of some of James Guitars. You can see what looks like an F-Series on the far left

FUREDIT!: I can confirm that your Guitar is indeed a James Hetfield ESP LTD 7 String. Complete with Skull and Crossbone inlays

DAYUM thanks for the info man.

I'm definitely gonna get a 7 string. I'm thinking of going with a Stef Carpenter Sig unless I can find something else. I kinda like the baritone.
I'm Tyler
Quote by benjy118

take out the i think and your right
LTD M-100FM
THE BEEST!
There's a clip of him playing/recording the Some Kind Of Monster riff with it on YouTube if I remember correctly.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Quote by benjy118
http://filepit.freewebs.com/montyjay/jamesguitars/jamesguitars1.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c248/heavenbreaker666/PDVD_001.jpg

cool. James uses diezels too those are some sweet amps
Guitars
washburn x50 pro
jackson js30dk
epi lp 100
jt-res

Effects

zvex FF
digitech ex-7
bespeco volume pedal
boss sd-1