Poll: Multi effects poll !!!!!!!!
Poll Options
View poll results: Multi effects poll !!!!!!!!
Boss GT - 8
13 45%
Digitech GNX4
7 24%
Vox Tonelab
4 14%
One of those line 6 thingies
2 7%
Other which I will explain below
3 10%
Voters: 29.
Hi I am having a problem deciding which multi effects pedal to get. I am thinking of getting the boss gt-8, the gnx4, or the vox tonelab. I ahve not tried these out yet so I dont know which I personally like but I like classic rock, want quality over quantity, dont care much about amp moddrling, might like recording but could get a loop pedal, and want break free eferct switching. Which would say is best. Poll and answers.
ive used the gnx4 and its the king of multi effects you can modify and create your own, ude it to record and also hook it up to your computer to convert your recordings to mp3 you can also use it while hooked up to the computer to change effect stop and start recording anything really

i have a gnx3 and my neighbor has a gnx4 but if i could do it again i would buy the gnx4
Wear the eye patch Bret, Wear the Funky Funky eye patch...

Quote by Tallman

You, sir, should be knighted.

Last edited by coolo : Today at 00:00 AM. Reason: ???
They're all pretty good options (minus the Line6) but I'd say the GT-8 just for the fact that it sounds good.
Quote by ZootCst
Will you be using it live?

Maybe later on but not now. My main problem is I want loopingwhich the gt doesn't have so I would have to buy that separate. I just want good quality which I'm not sure the gnx4 has.
I'm confused by you mean when you say you don't care about amp modeling(?). Honestly, that's kind of the whole basis for judging their sound quality IMO. Are you looking at them mainly for FX, or to use their amp/cab modeling for recording direct to computer without an amp? If you are looking for modeling suiting classic rock the best, IMO, I would probably go Vox.

If you really are looking strictly for fx though, something like a TC GMajor rack unit, dedicated only to fx, would be a better choice IMO.

BTW, I own a GNX4, and it's far outlived what I expected of its usefulness. I don't even use it for it's modeling or fx to record at this point, just for silent practice. I do however use it's features like the drum machine and 8 track recorder all the time. The hands free recording and looping features make it an invaluable practice and writing tool IMO.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Mar 12, 2008,
Quote by dzaerpoor
Maybe later on but not now. My main problem is I want loopingwhich the gt doesn't have so I would have to buy that separate. I just want good quality which I'm not sure the gnx4 has.

The Digitech can definately handle a little wear and tear around the house. I wouldn't try to use it at a gig though. I've never heard a digitech multi-fx sound good live. I have, however, had to use my Digitech BP200 direct one night when my amp crashed, and it saved my night.
Quote by dzaerpoor
I like classic rock, want quality over quantity, dont care much about amp moddrling...

Then f*ck the multi-FX pedal and just get individual stomp boxes for the effects you're looking for. You get better quality that way, and can hand pick each effect to your liking.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ yeah but thats too much. what would you say has the best quality effects for 500 or less and has pretty good amp modelling too
What effects are you interested in using? You could get a handful of quality stompboxes for $500.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Go With stomp pedals processors are a waste of money. You will find out that at most you may use three or four effects on a consitent basis. Buy those to start with they will sound much better than a processor. Unless your willing to shell out some money and buy something like an eventide.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I like my GNX3 for the 8 track recorder and rhythm machine.

I like my GT-8 for the FX loop that I can put all my dirt pedals in.
well i could probably get a gt - 8 for like 300 or less and i wanted a looping station (boss) that comes out to around 450. I could probably get the GNX4 for 450.

Pedals i want

acoustic - 100
wah - 100
OD - 50
Distortion - 50
Loop. - 150

These alone come out to about 450 and then i could get a ton more effects to play around with + amp modelling and then thats the same price so i want to go with the effects processor. Im wonedring, arethe GNX4's effects good compared to the boss (quality)? how bout the amp moddeling? How is the looping compared to the Boss RC - 2? Also, i wont get this for a while, maybe even 6 - 9 months. anything better coming out until then? any price drops?