This is a song I recorded last weekend, it's a pretty simple ballad type of thing.

It's recorded as part of my solo project.

I'll do crit for crit.

Find it HERE.

Constructive criticism please.
hey dude, i'll make sure to crit this after school.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
i like the chord proggression...the guitar could have more body to it...it sounds a bit hollow. to much treble? the vocals were pretty well done, although they could have been smoother. the not so perfectness of them does add a certain rough mystique. i liked it. this would be good with some strings. the soloing was terrible/ you really need to work on that.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=809440
Too cool for a signature.
mmmmm unique chord progression, and voice is quite good although parts of it you go off tune, as you said its a pretty simple song and its good you havnt overdone it with bass drums etc i like it quite a bit however i feel the chorus bit the take my hand and sail with me etc, could be sung stronger so it stands out more, the soloing is okay but you hit rong notes in it, keep it up man

could you crit mine please https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=808371

thnx
realy like the ..idea of the song if you will...the guitar and vox are really good but what it really needs is like a string part or something then it would be epic lol ...and on the solo..not gonna like i was expecting better you seem like a good guitarist and im no expert (im actually tone/pitch/everything to do with music deaf) but it sounded like you hit quite a few out of key notes..but i mean i only just recently learnd penatonic scales so who knows...if im completely wrong just ignore me
I definitely see some potential for this thing to be really good with a full band, sort of like the Goo Goo Dolls. Overall I liked it, but do watch out in the solo section, feels a bit awkward. I hear the amazing voice in there man, just let it out! Keep it up and thanks for the crit.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
i like it, but i wasn't a fan of the lyrics, to be honest. good voice and good guitar.

8/10
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Yeah, the guitar could've sounded a lot deeper...but the quality isn't bad. You have a pretty sweet voice. Did you record the vocals all in one take? Because some spots were a little iffy, but it sounds like you'd be able to perfect it with more takes. It does remind me of the Goo Goo Dolls as well, which isn't a bad thing. Nice honest sounding song you have here. Thanks a lot for the comment on mine.
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I've been away for a few days, but I'll be sure to crit those of you who asked in return as soon as I can.

Just to make a few comments:

1. Regarding the solo: I know, it's a fairly poor effort, and it does detract from the song. I'd already decided to redo the solo with more thought to making it work with the rest of the song, so that'll happen soon.

2. Regarding the vocals: r1h1c1p1, I'll definately take your advice and redo the chorus to make it sound stronger, that's a good thought. anOnyMouSanIe, I did record the vox all in one take, it came out as a fairly spontaneous kind of thing. Next week when school holidays start I'll go back and perfect them, and I'll probably get my mate who mixed it to lower the treble and add some bass to the guitar.

Just for whoever's interested, seeing as there were several comments on the chord progression. It's really nothing out of the ordinary, it's just basic chords with a capo on the 3rd fret.

Thanks everyone for your comments, it's much appreciated.
I quite like this. Nice chords with a fairly strong melody. It's honest. I echo what was said earlier about the solo section, though.. it sounds a little bit awkward when it first comes in. The guitar could maybe sound a little bit fatter as well. As far as the vocals go, they sounded not bad to me.. They're not perfect but that sort of adds to the honesty of the song itself.
Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812183