I have to do an assignment on advanced language features (not similes, nouns etc) and I cant think of any features to describe apart from extended metaphor. Any help?
Quote by ralph wiggum
u mean like techniques in literature?

reader positioning may b?

yeah in literature. ty
What's the assignment about?

Are you asking about semantic, phonological, or syntactical? or other types?

Depending on what you're doing, you could do some of the more interesting ones. Puns, diction, patois, enjambment, alliteration, assonance, etc etc.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Quote by 8footsativaist

Depending on what you're doing, you could do some of the more interesting ones. Puns, diction, patois, enjambment, alliteration, assonance, etc etc.

I don't know it's something about metalanguage and it's due friday, but those sound good so ty
you could do...
foreshadowing (when the eventual outcome of the story or watever is implied earlier in the text)

i have a whole list of techniques in my English book somewhere, ill find some good ones and come back
Quote by 8footsativaist

adding on to what he has already said..

exposition
denouement
imagery
personification
tone (like the feeling of the piece, e.g the tone of war story would be sad, melon collie)
Dramatic irony, bathos, sibilance, rhetorical devices such as tripartite lists, pronouns, intensifiers, modifiers. There are loads.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.