theres probably other stuff about this... but im getting a new guitar, and not sure what to try
probably can get about $1500AU, so about $1100US or something
I got a cube 30x already
Im not a great guitarist... only been playing for about a year... but yeah

Im looking for something really versitile because i play a lot of music
mostly... A7X, metallica, the strokes, arctic monkeys, wolfmother, jimi hendrix etc
so quite a random music taste

yeah any help would be appreciated

btw... im thinking about a schecter c1 elite/ c1 plus but tried them on a krank, so dont know how versitile they are
Anyone know if theyre good?

thx
Schecter's aren't bad at all.
Jackson's are good value for money too.
But for the music you like, I'd say a Schecter or an Epiphone Les Paul Custom.

But, thats just my opinion.
A good amp would be a better investment, I reckon.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
I was gonna say a Schecter C-1, looks like you've already had your eyes on it... you can't get many other guitars with a quality like it for that price, you'd probably even have enough cash left over for a decent amp.
lol why does no one like cubes??
so yeah schecter c1s are versitile?
they feel quite nice
Its not that people don't like tubes. Its the fact that a nice tube amp would do wonders for your tone. How's this: You split the money, and you get a reasonable tube amp, like a used Peavey Classic (from what I've heard, they are very versatile and would do your sort of tone nicely), and with the money that's left over, get yourself an Epiphone Les Paul Standard or Custom something similar. Well, at least that's what I'm thinking of doing .
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
If you want a "hendrix" type of sound you will need a single coil or a coil tap on a humbucker. For versatility I would recommend something with an HSS pup set up. I did find one Schecter but it was twice what you were looking to spend.
yeah c1 elites got a coil tap
so that would be alright?
wat schecter has the HSS pup set up??
could save up a bit more
Quote by JaykeSucks
Schecter's aren't bad at all.
Jackson's are good value for money too.
But for the music you like, I'd say a Schecter or an Epiphone Les Paul Custom.

But, thats just my opinion.
A good amp would be a better investment, I reckon.

-Jayke

+1

Schecter and Epi are sick for the price.

I was thinking about getting a cube 20 or 30 are they any good?
cubes are a GREAT practise amp (my opinion)
a couple of mates used a miked up gigs
tube amps hav better tone, but for the money cubes are lovely
Cube 30 and up are the 2nd best solid state amps in my opinion, second only to Valvetronix. The Cube 20 and Cube 15 are utter crap, it's like they're from a totally different series.

As far as the guitar... Have you put any thought to an HSS Stratocaster? It may work for you. Give on a try, see how you like it.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

yeah ive tried a couple
theyre good
but i just dont love them
i dunno if u know wat i mean
but other guitars feel nicer