Yes regularly
54 45%
No never
30 25%
Rarely
36 30%
Voters: 120.
Page 1 of 2
well i saw some threads that were kind of about this, but no polls.

so how many of you drink or smoke and are under 18 in your respective countries?

im 15, and dont do either, and i dont plan to. But i also dont claim straight edge, just coz i want the freedom to do wat i want, when i want.
Quote by TunerAddict
BEST PAINTJOB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the sickest paint job in all of GB&C

Hawaiian Shirt Guy Of the Australia FTW! Club.
PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.
Australians only.

I do when I feel like it. I'm seventeen, and perfectly capable of drinking or smoking for a bit if I so wish. Nobody has died yet as a result, so I'm not going to stop.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
i think its kinda pathetic, especially pot, but whatever. people can do whatever they want. that being said, ill do either occasionally.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Well before I was 18 me and my mates had the odd drinkup. We never caused trouble.
So ... regularly.
And back in the day I used to do about half a pack of smokes a day. Now its the same.
Hurp De Durp
No, don't plan on it, I don't have the money & if I did I would rather spend it on gear.
It can actually be beneficial for someone underage to have the odd drink. Not so much that they get hammered, but just so they understand alcohol better. The end result is that when they do become legal they are more responsible with it, as it's nothing really new, rather than just completely binging as soon as they turn 18 like in Australia.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by BenFoffenbock
It can actually be beneficial for someone underage to have the odd drink. Not so much that they get hammered, but just so they understand alcohol better. The end result is that when they do become legal they are more responsible with it, as it's nothing really new, rather than just completely binging as soon as they turn 18 like in Australia.

Lol in Australia people binge before they are 18... And alot of them at that...
mmh. in Australia you only get in trouble if you drink in a public place, i might have a party were i get totally spastic twice a month with my mates, but on the holidays probley more like twice a week. i dont have a job, im 16 and pretty much my whole school does the same **** so yea.... IM A ****ING PARTY ANIMAL
Quote by Regression
No, don't plan on it, I don't have the money & if I did I would rather spend it on gear.

i only drink when someone else has bought it - my money is for my guitar only!

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Terrance_1_
mmh. in Australia you only get in trouble if you drink in a public place, i might have a party were i get totally spastic twice a month with my mates, but on the holidays probley more like twice a week. i dont have a job, im 16 and pretty much my whole school does the same **** so yea.... IM A ****ING PARTY ANIMAL

And thats the people I dont like

Lol No offence. Im just not the drinking person and I dont really want to.
I know alot of people that do. And I dont think its very great to..
Australia needs to fix this and quick...

Edit: Fix Binging.. Not drinking as a whole
Last edited by Kirenjob at Mar 12, 2008,
**** the policies in australia

underage drinking i reckon is fine, the government does not need to waste 52 million to try to stop kids from drinking.

Anyways when we were younger we used to drink, sort of regularly, couple times a week.. now its not underage for me anymore, and i sorta do it less.. I think its coz back then it was "illegal" or couldnt get it so yeah.. now its just costly!
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I do when I feel like it. I'm seventeen, and perfectly capable of drinking or smoking for a bit if I so wish. Nobody has died yet as a result, so I'm not going to stop.

Wait, what? I've might have interoperated your statement, but I'm pretty sure that's not true.
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
A hell of alot of people have died from smoking and drinking lol.

Cigs kill like 20,000 people a year in australia.
I play guitar =]
Quote by henza_x
**** the policies in australia

underage drinking i reckon is fine, the government does not need to waste 52 million to try to stop kids from drinking.

+1, this campaign isn't going to stop underage drinking. I do it, my friends do it, pretty much everyone i know, minus a few people do it...

the money would b better spent elsewhere
I'm 16 turning 17 later this year, and I've managed to keep off the smokes so far, and don't plan on getting into them anytime soon.

That said, I do drink, but just because you're underage doesn't mean you can't be responsible about it. When me and my friends hit the alcohol, we always make sure that a couple of us stay mostly sober to look after everyone, and for the most part, we don't get so hammered that we're retarded about it.

It's probably a good way of going about it, I think.
Quote by Kirenjob

Australia needs to fix this and quick...

Well they're trying, I don't agree though

Stop underage drinking but then what happens when you get to legal age?

A 17 year old can't drink fine, but once he turns 18, he's gonna go nuts and drink a ****load anyway

and theres a waste of time/money because drinking is inevitable, theres probably like 1% of people who go throughout their lives without a drink
yes, both. 16. favourite drinks are beer and scotch...i have been known to drink a 6 pack of the former and a bottle of the latter in one night, but i'll usually just have a 6 pack or 2.
and i smoke anywhere between 2 and 15 cigarettes a day, more if i'm out with mates. it all just depends on how i feel.

edit: by the way, i am as safe as i can possibly get about it...it's always at mates places with parents present, i can definately handle a drink, and i instinctively roll on my side when i'm about to pass out...i also tend to wake up and throw up pretty much all the alcohol about 10 minutes after i pass out. but i usually go pretty steady on the drinks, the scotch is just for special occasions.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Last edited by pistols at Mar 12, 2008,
Lol. Sorry didnt mean drinking as a whole. I mean Binging. Drinking a lil bit occasionally is fine. But Binging is different. Sorry..
Quote by Terrance_1_

WWWWOOOOOOTTT

GO Aussies ^^

Victoria ehh? were you at Delany's ?
im from Cairns, we had a similar (to an extent) party but i dont think it'll even get close to be comparable to Corey's
Lolz
Quote by inhatredofme
made me laugh for some reason. i don't have any fetishes...you guys are just freaks or something. imagine that, freaks in the pit.

Quote by Bonesaw
take a deep beath................then stab him in the eye with a screwdriver
before i was 18, i would drink regularly. and could buy it from my local shop who the owner thought i was 18

was drinking regularly for at least 2 years while underage, and before then i would drink, just not often
I clicked rarely since the legal drinking age for beer and wine here is 16...and 18 for hard stuff...I used to drink harder alcohol with a friend from time to time until we turned 18...and apparently you're not allowed to walk around with beer bottles in public if you are not 18...I didn't know that, nor do I know how long thats been a law...cause I've done that very often.
i did both of course for drinking here you have to be 21 which is ridiculously high.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
before i was 18 i used to go on the lash quite a lot. i've only been 18 for a few days though, so no pattern of drinking this side of my birthday yet!
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by henza_x
Stop underage drinking but then what happens when you get to legal age?

A 17 year old can't drink fine, but once he turns 18, he's gonna go nuts and drink a ****load anyway

That's what I was tryin to say, it's ridiculous.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
i hate australia.
everyone looks down on you for not bingeing and partying and smoking.
your instantly known as a loser if you don't.
i guess these people have never been to disneyland then.
I used to be drinking at 14, in the pubs at 16 and now that I'm 18, I rarely drink.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I don't drink, but I have had a few alchoholic bevereages, and I'm only 18. I started smoking when I was 16 though.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
18, been drinking since I was 16, not a lot though, maybe a few bottles durring the week, usually get drunk at the weekend. Smoked for just over a year, having about 15 fags a week.

Mon the Mentholz!!!111zz
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

meh i'm 15 and i drink not like get totally pissed drinking but like barely tipsy drunk i'm a beer person although i do occasionally drink whiskey

i don't smoke and never will my lungs will be cancer free the day i die

i have never tried drugs before although i have been getting curious so one i day i will try pot nothing else though because pot is relatively harmless compared to some other crap out there

oh yeh i am australian so you could say i am a typical aussie
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by thecure
i hate australia.
everyone looks down on you for not bingeing and partying and smoking.
your instantly known as a loser if you don't.
i guess these people have never been to disneyland then.

That's more or less how it's here in Finland.
Page 1 of 2