I want learn to play solos, but everything I try to learn seems to be above my skill level. I was wondering if somebody could suggest some "easier guitar solos" that i could learn to become better at more difficult solos. I like pretty much all metal and hard rock music and alot of classic rock. Any suggestions
try the first solo in Metallica's Fade to Black....Paranoid by Black Sabbath also has an easy solo.
I hate Papa Roach, but my guitar teacher told me to practice the riff from their song "last resort" and it was really useful for mastering the up / downstrokes.

As for solo's... Well, I can remember that the same guy taught me how to play the solo from "last nite" by the Strokes. It's nice because it's short but also moderately fast and there's some neat bending in it

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Try Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit and Green Day's American Idiot. The solos in those are piss easy.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
slash solos aren't too bad, they def. ARE challenging at the beginning but its good to try and get your head around
try some AC/DC extremely simple stuff with solo's based around the minor pentatonic shape and they are really well known so playing them around people can start a sing-along
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

master of puppets interlude....nothing else matters...all of them...sweet child of mine, intro and the couple after....
my gear lol:
a crappy cheap aria pro II
a patch chord that only werks when i jiggle it
and a pure static amp
Quote by Ichimaru
You can play Classical Gas after a year? I think we have a prodigy on our hands.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
Sweep picking after only 1 year of playing? O_o
The first two solos in "One" by Metallica are pretty easy.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

check out the solo in limelight its very nice and awsome sounding, it is also a good use of bending and hammer ons and pull-offs

it also has a nice alex lifeson-fusion touch to it
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by reeseh

They are insanely easy, and He means the intro solo and the interlude solo.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
in my opinion the most easy songs to play are linkin parrk's song awesome guitar and so easy to play try one step closer (my first song) or a place for my head ,given up, no more sorrow..
Like someone said, the first solo from Master of Puppets.. the one James Hetfield plays.
The first half to the solo of Sweet Child O' Mine is pretty easy, it was the first solo I learnt.
I don't know if you count Dire Straits as "rock" but the first solo to Sultans of Swing is good, and quite easy.
Also, try the Whole Lotta Love solo. It's short and cool.
Try Bohemian Rhapsody for a challenging one, but trust me it will be worth it.
Quote by DrkNTwstd
darkangel, you are a smart man. no flame shield is necessary.

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
With solos I started with more bluesy stuff. The solo for *****house Blues by Motorhead is fun to play and relatively easy to learn.
senu045... dude... the thread is 9 years old.

Also, the clean solos. Not the mad one after the machine gun section, the other two. I mean, they're not the simplest thing in the world, but they're not too bad at all, at least in my opinion.

That said... No. Bad poster. Thread necromancy. Locking it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.