I was just wondering if it's a big difference between the Ltd EC-400VF and the EC-1000ASB (both with Duncans)? Yeah, I know it's a difference but I want to know if it's worth the extra money to go with the 1000.

If it is, then it's possible to put covers on the pickups, right?
Well EC-1000ASB has 24 pickups and locking tuners while Ltd EC-400VF has grover tuners and 22 frets. That's pretty much all i notice and their bindings are different.

Edit: As far as i know you can change the covers.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
THe build quality is much superior. If you can, get the 1000 (Deluxe) series.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
My mate has a ...... H 1000 and its awesome !
It's so light! And has a really quick neck to.
The abalone on his model was a bit over the top but it still looked alright.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by kylendm
Well EC-1000ASB has 24 pickups and locking tuners while Ltd EC-400VF has grover tuners and 22 frets. That's pretty much all i notice and their bindings are different.

Edit: As far as i know you can change the covers.

24 pickups !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEK!

The build and quality control will be much superior in the ec1000, imo its best that you buy the best you can afford...
the only ec-1000 i would get is the one with ebony fretboard.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
The build quality of the EC-1000 is the same as the EC-400. They are both made in the LTD factory in Korea. The Deluxe just gets some better hardware and appointments.

If you're more of a vintage or classic guy, get the EC-400. It's basically a Les Paul and looks sweet.
I'll talk about the Viper (since that what I own)

I was looking into the 1000 series very closely. I wanted to get a guitar I would still want to play 10 years down the road. So I looked into the EC 1000 (vintage black) and was very close to buying it. I did a little more looking around and I came across the Viper 500s. It looked so sweet I didn't have a choice but to get it. It was cheaper in price but I don't feel I lost out on any quality.

I plays v e r y well and sounds excellent. Nice and deep tones. It chugs much better than any other guitar I've owned and it has great natural lead tones.

I don't think you will lose much quality buying the ec400.

I love my viper 500s.