I've got the AVT-50 (solid state) and when I turn the volume to not even halfway it sounds pretty horrible, even if I had the settings I liked when the volume was quite low.

Does the gain increase when the volume is turned up or something?
Quote by Novacane...
I've got the AVT-50 (solid state) and when I turn the volume to not even halfway it sounds pretty horrible, even if I had the settings I liked when the volume was quite low.

Does the gain increase when the volume is turned up or something?

When you increase the signal, it eventually starts to clip. Tube amps and Solid State amps do this in different ways. The just of it is, cranking a SS amp results in cold and buzzy distortion...so don't do it.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
It does have a tube in the preamp that might need to be replaced. But its just a sad part of SS amps that they dont sound better turned up like all tube amps do.
sometimes an added speaker can help. maybe the avt-50 has a speaker out.
i wouldnt buy anything for it, but if you had another speaker laying around...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
My amp's SS, and it actually sounds stacks better cranked... Oh, I'm one of the Line 6 brigade
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail