well i was just wondering...
would an american standard stratocaster with 3 American Strat® Single-Coil Pickups
fit my needs:

i mostly play punk/rock.. but i'm into things like RHCP aswell so...
the thing i'm actually wondering is... would a singlecoil on the bridge position pick up enough distortion to go the rocking? ;D

and yeah if it helps.. my amp is a 100W Marshall Valestate

EDIT : I NEED a new guitar ;D lol... right now i own a ****ty stagg thing.. (don't tell anyone)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
for punk rock i would personally go for something gibsony or prs but if you want a strat i guess it would have to be a fat strat? You will need a bridge humbucker if you want a big sound.
teles sound great for punk, and I actually prefer the twangy clean tone to the strat's clean tone..
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
umm yeah.. i'll check tele aswell.. but you see there is a problem... i'm left handed ;D.. and i got an offer to get a strat like this... so i was just asking =)
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
it's fine, just got to know how to EQ it for the punk rock, you don't need a humbucker... keep it stratty. I use my strat for EverythinG!!! and so far no complaints... For the RHCP you need the bridge pickup often as well. Keep in mind John loves to record with a Gretsch, Tele and Jag.. try to get his "live" sound, since that's where he uses his strats the most...
yeahh... i checked Telecasters a bit... but there's one thing that confuses me big time...

what's the difference between
a standard tele and an american one.. i mean.. in $ the difference is obivous.. but ... well whatever.. can anyone explain
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
and yeah.. iv'e seen the status quo guys using telecasters all the time ;D hahahh .. i love them xD
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
I'm not a Strat purist so I advise the HSS configuration. If you go with SSS they are great also, but more limiting if its your only guitar. If you have a humbucked guitar already then the SSS might be the way to go. Good luck.
yeah i actually do have a hss guitar.. but buzzes as hell and yeha it sux...

so yeha basicly it would be my only guitar to use
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
I agree with hppi, HSS gets you a lot of versatility. If I were you I would probably grab the strat. You can get great sounds from an SSS. Good luck.