i play death and some black metal ive been wondering if randall would be a good amp to invest in.i have a cab and am just lookin for a head.i wanted a krank but cant afford it.ive got a 480 watt b-52 cab and right now a behringer head sitting on it...what would u recomend?
i'm pretty sure Krank and Randall are around the same price
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
pretty sure dimebag used randall and then switched to krank........randall warhead i believe.......like the guy above says, probably similar in pricing
Quote by ChaoticVengence
i'm pretty sure Krank and Randall are around the same price

^thats a negative^

Krank makes basically 3 models of amps two heads and one mini stack

randall makes a ton of stuff from cheap to slightly pricey....randall designs only high gain amps and all of them will kill a behringer,try any of the amps in the g3 series
take it down with a SteamHammer
Quote by sowhat360
pretty sure dimebag used randall and then switched to krank........randall warhead i believe.......like the guy above says, probably similar in pricing

thats another negative....dimebag played a randall rg100 and a century 200 onstage and recording....he never played a warhead onstage, or recorded with it....and the krank rev costs like 1600 brand new,.....a warhead is discontinued and is cheap on ebay
take it down with a SteamHammer
Randalls are great amps. I recommend them. I had a G3 series amplifier back in the day. It was great for the heavy stuff. I wasn't too fond of it for anything else.

^ Yes Dimebag did use RG100ES amps for drive and Century 200 amps for cleans, but don't double post!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.