I posted this in a thread I made but I thought more people might look if I made a new one.

Also after I night of practicing this morning I played a little before coming to work and it seems my 2nd string from top seems to have an extended sound to it, hard to explain but its as if it starts off soft then gets a bit louder. Doesnt sound quite right, not sure what this could be because? It kind of echos, could this be to do with tuning or screwed up pickup(hope not seeing as I only just got the guitar) or a bad string as it wasnt quite in place when I first got it. Altho it was find last night.

hope someone can help me out, cheers
Your guitars neck is bent.

You should ask someone in the shop where you bought the guitar to adjust the truss rod.
even tho its only the 1 string and I only just noticed it? I would of thought all the strings would have it if it was bent. But saying that I wouldnt have a clue

I was mucking around with the settings on guitar/amp so thought maybe that could be it, also the when I got it (ordered online) the string which is a bit off wasnt in the slot correctly at the top so maybe its stretched or something?
Last edited by dzan at Mar 12, 2008,
If the string would be stretched then it would be out of tune too.

And yes, neck bending can cause only one string buzzing. A few months ago my neck was bent and the strings that buzzed were only e, A and only between 7th and 12th frets.
hang on, that wasnt a joke?

i highly doubt the neck is bent. check action and intonation first. or take ot to a store and get it looked at
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
hang on, that wasnt a joke?

i highly doubt the neck is bent. check action and intonation first. or take ot to a store and get it looked at

I am not joking. I am having a Squier.
I have the same issue..... I think my guitar was set up for 10's, and I changed to 13's without getting it adjusted, and then switched back to 10's and my issue came up.

I think I may get a guy to look at it.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.