Me and my awesome welshmen friend want to put OS X on our school laptops because it looks badass. We've been researching for awhile and looked at several sites and have decided to start. Im going to refer to this thread when i need questions pertaining to jacking and help with setting this up. Also, i dont want advice. I want answers. I dont need to hear PCs ftw or why PCs are better. Dont tell me to just go buy a mac or give any other dumb ideas. I've been compiling sites and found a wikipedia database called project 86. Ill post a link soon

Anyway,

My first two questions are

Is this a good idea?

How do i run a proxy with limewire? (primarily because we will be doing most of our work in school.)

edit: heres the wiki page http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Last edited by FINNEGAN! at Mar 12, 2008,
I have an OS X partition on my Windows based computer (Uphuck's OS X 10.4.8 v1.3 disc). I've got Vista, XP, Ubuntu, and OS X running but I dont have a working Ethernet adapter or Wireless adapter for OS X. My ethernet is a Broadcom 440x 10/100 and I have an Intel 3945 A/B/G card. If you have any of these 2 adapters, you're pretty much screwed as they haven't developed drivers for them yet but I think you can get the Broadcom controller to work with the drivers from 10.4.5.

For your limewire question, I wouldn't recommend getting a patched OS X image off of there - unless your ****ing stupid. Torrents are the way to go for this. Just search Mininova and Pirate Bay.

If you need help with the partitioning and bootloading part of this I can definately help you with that - just PM me for that. And when you're searching for a disc, be sure to get one that is processor specific eg, Intel, AMD, SSE3, etc.
Quote by acersucks
I have an OS X partition on my Windows based computer (Uphuck's OS X 10.4.8 v1.3 disc). I've got Vista, XP, Ubuntu, and OS X running but I dont have a working Ethernet adapter or Wireless adapter for OS X. My ethernet is a Broadcom 440x 10/100 and I have an Intel 3945 A/B/G card. If you have any of these 2 adapters, you're pretty much screwed as they haven't developed drivers for them yet but I think you can get the Broadcom controller to work with the drivers from 10.4.5.

For your limewire question, I wouldn't recommend getting a patched OS X image off of there - unless your ****ing stupid. Torrents are the way to go for this. Just search Mininova and Pirate Bay.

If you need help with the partitioning and bootloading part of this I can definately help you with that - just PM me for that. And when you're searching for a disc, be sure to get one that is processor specific eg, Intel, AMD, SSE3, etc.

Im downloading the torrent via limewire. Im going to mininova.org and getting the torent to download with limewire. I found one that works with an emulator. I might try that
Be sure to run CPU-Z first and check the instruction set or else downloading a 4GB image is a waste of time. Also, you said you want to do this on a school computer? The computers at my school have BIOS passwords to keep you from booting from discs so I recommend getting your hand on some backdoor's (also a PM away, just get me the BIOS company). Other than that I guess you're good to go. As for limewire, I have no idea, why not just get utorrent or some other torrent client?

Edit: are you planning on just deleting the entire hard drive and installing OS X? I reccomend getting the GParted Live CD for the partitioning part. When you're installing OS X on the entire hard drive, I recommed booting this cd, and wiping out the entire hard drive and creating 1 big partition. This way you wont have any problems with Darwin on the MBR.
Last edited by acersucks at Mar 12, 2008,