I have a crappy acoustic guitar. It's got bad action and buzzes high up on the fretboard because I sanded down the bridge trying to improve the action (This, mind you, is when I first got the guitar and had no real idea what I was doing).

I've got $80, could I go to someone and have that person try to fix it and have it play better? The other option is to buy another cheap acoustic, around $100-150 that still plays better than the one I've got.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
what is the guitar you currently have and how much did you pay for it?
It was roughly $100. Called "Montana". I love the sound, it looks great, too. It's just erm, not very playable.

Can I get a good guitar for $100?
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Why not just pop for a new saddle for the Montana and see if you can get that to work? They're pretty easy to whip into shape, and there's a lot of help doing it available on the internet. This way, you give your current guitar a new lease on life, save a lot of money, and can save up for a much better guitar.
An inexpensive bone saddle will only cost you about $10. Plastic ones are half that, maybe more or less depending on the quality. You might get lucky and find a direct drop in saddle that only needs a little work.
Just tossing out a few more options for ya.
well i defintely wouldn't recommend spending $40-$100 on a setup for a $100 guitar. i think leftydave's advice above me is great. try doing a super cheap, fixer-up job on the guitar yourself. if you aren't capable of spending at least $200 on a new guitar, it's not worth buying a new one.