The Dead that are Grateful.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by clement1
Em, seems so obvious but Hendrix?!

+1
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Yea, this answer will probably be overdone, but i LOVE hendrix's woodstock. IDK how many times i've watched it over, and over, and over. Beautiful.
rIp
I'm partial to less known performances, like Santana's, Mountain's, Sly and the Family Stone's and CCR's.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Last edited by Cptbeefheart at Mar 12, 2008,
Arlo Guthrie and Country Joe McDonald
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Santana was spectacular at woodstock, probably the best performance I've ever heard from them, I did like the Grateful Dead performance even though they hated it, but I think the festival was owned by santana
I hadn't heard of Richie Havens before I saw the Live At Woodstock footage, really liked him. Very rabble-rousery (in a good way), very energetic, very powerful and yet with very simple stuff. Sort of like afro-american early 60's-evolved punk.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
every one ****ing rocked woodstock! and no one noticed if they sucked because everyone was too ****ed up to tell.
Santana's performance was by far the best, in my mind
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by ufossuck
Arlo Guthrie and Country Joe McDonald

And The Dead and Hendrix.
Quote by radio_schizo
Richie Havens and Santana are my faves, though all of it was pretty amazing.

I forgot Richie! He tore the place down. He got called back for an encore so many times he ran out of songs!! The "Freedom/Motherless Child" song was entirely improvised on-the-spot. He's got so much power just in his voice and guitar.
Hey, I'm Mike.
TEN YEARS AFTER.
I was like, WTF these guys are AWESOME!!!

I also liked Janis, & The Who.

& you know, at the Rock N Roll HOF, they have the fringe shirt that Grace Slick wore at Woodstock! I wanted it...If it wasn't behind glass I seriously might have taken it. Teehee...
But the smile you send in my direction makes me feel like I'm alive
Quote by Thefallofman
I forgot Richie! He tore the place down. He got called back for an encore so many times he ran out of songs!! The "Freedom/Motherless Child" song was entirely improvised on-the-spot. He's got so much power just in his voice and guitar.

Really?

Has ye a source for this information?
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
The question should be what bands at Woodstock do I not like?!?!

Though the only thing that makes it less than perfect is that one of the members of Jefferson Airplane (I can't remember who) is wearing some sort of swastika necklace thing
Quote by ECwomantoneman

Though the only thing that makes it less than perfect is that one of the members of Jefferson Airplane (I can't remember who) is wearing some sort of swastika necklace thing

you do understand, of course, that the swastika isn't a bad thing, right? It's just been over-associated with Hitler and the Nazi party. It's been used as a symbol for thousands of years in many different cultures and civilisations.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by therussian
you do understand, of course, that the swastika isn't a bad thing, right? It's just been over-associated with Hitler and the Nazi party. It's been used as a symbol for thousands of years in many different cultures and civilisations.

Yeah, good point, it may have been Jorma Kaukonen (sp?!?!) who was wearing that, and considering the Finnish connection I guess it could have been for other reasons (isn't the swastika something differnet to Finns or something? In WW2 Finnish planes and stuff had blue swastikas painted on them for whatever reason....)
joe cocker and ten years after
johnny winter was good as well

and hendrix is obvious cause he almost stands for woodstock
President of the Jeff Beck Club(PM me to join)

Sergeant Destroyer Member Of the KISS army

PM sloopy to join
Hendrix of course, but Santana really seemed to put on a good show.
Canned Heat was great too.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Quote by ECwomantoneman

Jorma used to wear one of those.