i will have around 500 maybe 600 usd to play with here
i want an amp with a really good clean tone that would be a good match for both a Fender American Standard Strat and PRS SE Custom
Distortions will be achieved with stomp boxes (any recommendation on a good tube distortion pedal)
you don't need any pedals, just spend it all on a decent amp.

Save up for a Traynor YCV40.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-YCV40-Custom-Valve-Combo-Amp?sku=480959
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
you don't need any pedals, just spend it all on a decent amp.

Save up for a Traynor YCV40.

+1 for the Traynor. I own the YCV20 and have played the 40 several times. They both have amazing cleans, and the 40 can get pretty heavy.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
agreed get the Traynor
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Also if you're willing to look used, traynor's can be a steal. I got my YCV20-WR for $280 usd.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Yeah, you could get an amp with great cleans and good distorted tone for that, not that theres anything wrong with distortion pedals for tonal variety. Tube pedals are gimmicky IMO, just because a pedal has a tube in it doesn't make it better by default to one that doesn't, but thats the view manufacturers perpetuate.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30
I have a problem with the vast majority of tube pedals too, however if you are willing to spend there are some proper tube preamps out there in pedal form, they are the top end of the market and a great one could run you $250+ easily. For that you could get a secondhand tube amp.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
i play a very wide selection of music, everything from eric clapton, dashboard confessinals and creed to metallica, avenged sevenfold and Van Halen
this is why i wanted a good clean tone to work with, using stomp boxes for the distortion
i already have a digitech grunge and hot head and then also the seymour duncan tweak fuzz, i may get an ibanez tube overdrive 808
Last edited by deadagain6591 at Mar 12, 2008,
you're approaching this all wrong - amp distortion is always preferable to pedal distortion. Quite often if you have an amp that's great at cleans its designed for cleans and doesn't sound as good when you run distortion through it.

Get a tube amp with decent onboard distortion and use pedals to tweak the sound if need be.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com