Quote by kriss08
ive got one its awesome

Justification would be nice.

I'd comment on the bass myself, but I've never played one, and talking out of my ass isn't one of my daily habits.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
It's basically a p-bass with a jazz bass body shape. I liked playing it; I prefer the jazz body over the p's. I'm still not a fan of the p-bass neck, but that's a minor detail. I also didn't really like the color it was in. The bass, however, sounded good to me, even though I'm not really a P-bass fan.
Just remember...

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Yeah I have one. Pretty sweet, does punchy punk riffs great but don't expect much versatility with it as it's a one pickup bass with no tone control. I like the P-bass neck, nice and chunky IMO. The jazz shape body is nice too. Mine is in Surf green so it's pretty 50's style colours, some people like it some people don't.

I'd get a setup on it though, when I got mine it needed one badly.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
It's a good bass, my friend has one. The pick up is great.

That said. It's way over priced, it's made of standard parts (minus the pick-up) and it cost like 700 bucks. And for some strange reason most people like having a tone knob.

I would either save a couple bucks and get a MIM P-bass for like $400-500. Or get a Highway One P-bass for roughly the same price, and the Highway One has a
BadAss II bridge. If you want you could add a SD Quarter Pounder yourself for like 70 quid.
Quote by The Sallad
Its great if you like the one sound it can make.

i'm likely to agree with this
for these points

1) It has one knob, so that'd be volume using basic knowledge
2) It has one pickup, so likely to only have that one tone to choose from

if you have an effects pedal or something to give different sounds then go for it, theres no denying it must be good for what it was built for, but if not invest in one i guess
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
its a rip off really. Like its good for "punk" and that's it really. Being passive and only one volume knob really does limit your playing styles. Its a good bass though, but not worth $700. Just get a P bass and but the quarter pounders pups on it, same thing for $500 ish. But I have played it though and give it a 6 out of 10. One being a Epiphone and 10 something uber expensive, or a Wal.
Quote by Nikki197666
Justification would be nice.

I'd comment on the bass myself, but I've never played one, and talking out of my ass isn't one of my daily habits.

+1
I tried a friend's, and I really didn't like it.

The only way I could remotely control tone was EQing, it felt akward to hold, didn't have that great of a sound, and I didn't like the action on it. And over the course of an hour, I had to re-tune it three times, after it was already warmed up.

I'd say save some money and get a Standard P bass and upgrade it, or save a little bit for the American Standard.
Quote by Pink Muse
I tried a friend's, and I really didn't like it.

The only way I could remotely control tone was EQing, it felt akward to hold, didn't have that great of a sound, and I didn't like the action on it. And over the course of an hour, I had to re-tune it three times, after it was already warmed up.

I'd say save some money and get a Standard P bass and upgrade it, or save a little bit for the American Standard.

Surely it is all opion really, as one person could like it, and another hate it. I'm looking at this, a mex, and a H1. I do like the MH bass though, looks great lol.
That's true, but it seems that most people prefer tone control over a lot of other things. At the least, if they were going to do only one knob, I'd suggest a tone knob. But then, some people might not want to care about their tone, just chug away at some notes. I like having a crap ton of options at my hands, and I figure one can always make it louder with different means.
try the frankbello bass jazz bass
is like a better version of the MH
it has the quarter pounder plus a jazz pickup
also the FB come with a badass bridge
the only think i really like about the MH over the FB is the looks
but looks come after sound IMO
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
It's a good bass; I wouldn't be embarrassed to own/play one. Problem is that it's way overpriced for a MIM instrument; for that price range I could easily nab a Highway One or an American on clearance.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez