Apparently according to the bumf i got with it (it's an v8080 ) it can emulate valve amp sounds - so far though im having trouble getting any sound i can play with.

Ive got a tokai 335 copy which ive been trying to get sounding like the song on the link below and i just cant do it at all. Ive messed with all the EQ settings and what not, gain, contour and it eludes me.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction how to get close to the sound below please, amp and guitar settings would be a godsend.

Cheers guys
J.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa92ukdb8RY
Basically, he lied to you.

They only have one tube.

The only sound close to a valve amp you will probably get is on the clean channel. ((That's where the valve is used.)) You can get a good bluesy tone on this channel.

So, unless you're looking for cleans/crunch then you probably won't be able to get anything decent.
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
Basically, he lied to you.

They only have one tube.

The only sound close to a valve amp you will probably get is on the clean channel. ((That's where the valve is used.)) You can get a good bluesy tone on this channel.

So, unless you're looking for cleans/crunch then you probably won't be able to get anything decent.

Yeah, Valve-states/hybrids are just sales gimmicks for the most part.
I suppose if you get nice cleans you could get a Valve distortion pedal and run with that. But it still wont sound half as nice without those gorgeous power tubes. =]
Right, well thats a major ball ache. I shall try fiddling around on the clean channel again then with a drive pedal or something my mate lent me.

Thanks lads.
The 8080 is the older one is it not? I can't remember. The first gen ones were pretty nice amps actually, and could get LOUD. That said, I have not been knocked over by the second or third gen ones. The 2nd gen are alright, but have weak EQs to me. The 3rd generation are more the same, with fizzy tendencies as well.
Quote by CJRocker
The 8080 is the older one is it not? I can't remember. The first gen ones were pretty nice amps actually, and could get LOUD. That said, I have not been knocked over by the second or third gen ones. The 2nd gen are alright, but have weak EQs to me. The 3rd generation are more the same, with fizzy tendencies as well.

Yeah, the 8080's are the originals.

I think an Ibanez Tubescreamer would sound nice on the clean channel.
Well i now have acquired an SD1 overdrive and i still cannot get a tone that when overdrives sounds nice at all.

I'm hoping later on this year to get a Hot Rod Deluxe but until then can someone please maybe point me in the direction of getting a decent sound, ie something closer to the current EC or Mayer tones please.

Link to videos of crappy sound; http://uk.youtube.com/user/jjbennett123