I basically have to main EQ settings for my Traynor YCV20. One with mids at 8, one with mids at 4, but I seriously cant decide which one I like better. I just recently started to use the increased mids, and I really like it cuz it sounds a lot more saturated and takes away some of the fuzzyness of the gain on my amp. The cut mids setting sounds really good also, but I really cant decide. What do you guys think would be the more practical setting? I know you can cut through better with increased mids, but I also like that scooped tone every once in a while.

Also, heres another stupid question. Is there a way to keep that midrange punch and saturation but still have a scooped tone? I like a good metal tone but I cant stand that sterile, dry tone that I hear a lot nowadays.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
I dunno, maybe get an EQ to actively switch between boosted mids and scooped mids?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
buy an EQ pedal, set your amp for your rhythm tone and use the EQ to boost the mids for soloing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Its like every question I ask about tone is answered with "EQ Pedal" lol...
I guess thats what I'll have to do.

And you would recommend using the pedal for boosted mids and the amps EQ for scooped? Or would vice-versa work? Which EQ is generally more sensitiv? The amps or the pedal's?
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
I'd set the amp to the scooped mids, because when you kick in the mid boost, you can boost the volume/gain along with it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I'd set the amp to the scooped mids, because when you kick in the mid boost, you can boost the volume/gain along with it.

I would say the opposite, so that you boost when you are with less mids, since you will be harder to hear around that point.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi