So I got to thinking yesterday, do you think that either of the Voyagers took any pictures of alien ships? That's something that has always fascinated me, how close alien life could be to us. Your thoughts?
Think of the infinitly small chances of a tiny object being in the range of another tiny object in an infinitely large space, given the limited distance the voyagers could possibly have gone in such a short amount of time.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Think of the infinitly small chances of a tiny object being in the range of another tiny object in an infinitely large space, given the limited distance the voyagers could possibly have gone in such a short amount of time.

...So you're saying theres a chance!!
Quote by freedoms_stain

that still dosnt mean that its not possible.

think of long range radar...only in space...the aliens could of tracked voyager and went to check it out...

you cant prove or disprove the possibility that voyager encountered aliens.
yeha i think of that sometimes... but i stop when i come to the dimensions.. i mean.. they (aliens) could only be microorganisms... and yeha.. they could be like 100m tall :d
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by TheQuailman
Yeah, I watched Star Trek once and I can assure you the Voyager encountered plenty of alien ships.

+1

The chances of the Voyager space probes ever encountering anything in the vastness of space (let alone in the short time frame that the human race will exist,) is like the chances of me finding a simile that would do justice to the infinitely small probabilities involved.
Last edited by rizo299 at Mar 12, 2008,
Quote by 4handsarebetter

There are hundreds of thousands of other planets, and galaxies. Also we haven't even explored half the planets in our solar system. So Yes there is a chance.
Quote by 4handsarebetter

Haha Dumb n Dumber ftw!!

I don't think so. I think the chance is waaaaay to small, as was already pointed out. Maybe if we sent the Voyager out into deep space, and it kept going and going forever, I mean literally forever, it might someday in the inconceivably far future run into something. MAYBE. And I really doubt that there is alien life in our solar system. We would have known by now.
We're only strays.
what about teh circles in the corn??? what do you guys think.. are tehy made by aliens? ;D
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
what about teh circles in the corn??? what do you guys think.. are tehy made by aliens? ;D

no
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by Serjem

I think those have been proven wrong, but don't quote me on it.
Quote by 4handsarebetter
I think those have been proven wrong, but don't quote me on it.

yeah i was always wondering about those.. but if they werent made by aliens... they were made by humans.. but i don't really think that's possible.. i mean i watched mythbusters( it could have been brainiac ) proving it wrong... but i still dunno:*/
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Serjem
yeah i was always wondering about those.. but if they werent made by aliens... they were made by humans.. but i don't really think that's possible.. i mean i watched mythbusters( it could have been brainiac ) proving it wrong... but i still dunno:*/

I told you not to quote me on that....sorry that was kinda lame.
Quote by Serjem

I've watched hundreds of shows proving it right

litterally just a plank of wood and some rope.

Occam's razor my friend
Quote by Quantonyne
that still dosnt mean that its not possible.

think of long range radar...only in space...the aliens could of tracked voyager and went to check it out...

you cant prove or disprove the possibility that voyager encountered aliens.

never said it wasn't possible, only that it was infinitely small.
*Insert pear here*

What would aliens be doing hanging around the solar system, chasing after our probes, posing for pictures? If aliens are this close to us, then obviously they're going to be keeping themselves well hidden - otherwise we'd have seen them by now. So I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let us take pictures of them.
Quote by Malakian88
*Insert pear here*

What would aliens be doing hanging around the solar system, chasing after our probes, posing for pictures? If aliens are this close to us, then obviously they're going to be keeping themselves well hidden - otherwise we'd have seen them by now. So I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let us take pictures of them.

Who's to say we haven't seen them
1. If we did get pictures of them, the government isn't going to go public with the pictures beause they keep everything from us. (United States)

2. There have been many sightings on Earth of UFO's some of which are very believable

So I think someone needs to come down to Earth themselves
Quote by 4handsarebetter
So I got to thinking yesterday, do you think that either of the Voyagers took any pictures of alien ships? That's something that has always fascinated me, how close alien life could be to us. Your thoughts?

The fact we exist is based on an extremely small probability.

The fact that we're an advanced species? Divide that original probability by a few thousand.

The chance of a second advanced species existing even remotely near us? Borderline impossible.
Quote by 4handsarebetter
Who's to say we haven't seen them
1. If we did get pictures of them, the government isn't going to go public with the pictures beause they keep everything from us. (United States)

Quote by 4handsarebetter
2. There have been many sightings on Earth of UFO's some of which are very believable

Why do people always take the most extreme, unlikely explanation for anything unexplainable? I don't know what that was I saw in the sky, so it must obviously have been a spacecraft controlled by beings that have travelled for many decades through the vast emptiness of interstellar space to hover around the Earth making circles in cornfields and anally probing our citizens.
Last edited by Malakian88 at Mar 12, 2008,
Quote by Malakian88
Why do people always take the most extreme, unlikely explanation for anything unexplainable? I don't know what that was I saw in the sky, so it must obviously have been a spacecraft controlled by beings that have travelled for many decades through the vast emptiness of interstellar space to hover around the Earth making circles in cornfields and anally probing our citizens.

Then what is it? "Weather Baloons"
Given what we know about space and time - basically that the possibility of traveling to another star let alone another planet is nill - then I would say space traveling explorers are a hopeful myth.

Now travelers taking advantage of relativistic anomalies in the space/time continuum are a much more plausible explanation...

Einstein suggested (indirectly) that dimensional travel may be possible given the properties of the Theories of Relativity (and General or Special may apply depending on the situation).

Hawking has proven that such travel is not only possible, but that a vehicle and its occupants could survive.

So there is the possibility that beings have traveled from the past to the present taking advantage of Relativistic effects, but this would entail an advanced civilization of the past not only possessing the technological capacity to do this, but also the reason to undertake such a journey...

Consider that any beings on board would leave their families behind forever, and any commercial motive such as mining would be useless as the craft could never return for the investors to profit off of their harvest.

The most reasonable explanation (if such craft do exist) is that they were escaping some kind of ecological catastrophe, and traveling to the future was the only possibility for them to continue their civilization.

This would provide a good reason for them to be traveling.

One thing I have considered is the possibility that these beings (if they exist) may have affected the evolution of apes with the hopes of using humans as workers, since the dimensional travelers would most likely have to be small in stature and therefore incapable of heavy labor.

But humans would also be a threat and would need to be controlled, thus gods in their chariots visit periodically to display their power and warn us against rebellion.

...or possibly this is a part of the life cycle of humanoid creatures who periodically destroy the planet, escape in dimensional craft, then slowly recreate life on Earth to suit their needs, rise up, expand exponentially, destroy the Earth, escape, and so on...

Biologically this is not so far fetched as viruses have a similar invasion, manipulation, dormancy, destruction type of life cycle.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Given what we know about space and time - basically that the possibility of traveling to another star let alone another planet is nill - then I would say space traveling explorers are a hopeful myth.

etcetera etcetera.

That's pretty close to the story of star gate.

Except for the time travel stuff.
Last edited by freedoms_stain at Mar 12, 2008,
Imagine we are one pixel on a screen that is the size of the largest possible object your mind can fathom...and then some....

Now imagine something 1 / 1 gazillion times the size of that 1 pixel, just happening to show up to that pixel in this vast area.

And then butt probe people?

I do believe in other life, i just don't believe it's ever been here, and it won't be until some way of advancing through space through worm holes or rips that we will finally see non-bacteria extra terrestrials.
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---