Page 1 of 2
Incubus visited Philippines 3 days ago, i was so excited bought the VIP ticket(closest to the stage) and **** like that. can't wait to see em live.
then the day of the show came, so i was so excited(being a HUUUUUUGEE fan of them, they changed me as a person, even the reason why i played bass) so i was in the very front, brought my S.C.I.E.N.C.E album with if ever i get lucky. okay lets skip the show. etc etc etc. after the show i was not happy, i was pissed, really. i wanted to punch someone in the face. i really sad, its cause **** Dirk Lance wasn't there.. He was my hero, my main influence in my playing, my God. Ben Kenney took over, no offense to Ben, He's really good and ****, but i dont like he's style, it doesnt fit them, eversince he replaced Dirk the band sounded differently, it sounded normal, mediocre. and **** they didnt even played the songs i like. in reality, i only like Fungus Amongus, S.C.I.E.N.C.E. | Make Yourself and Morning View started to change already but i still like 'em, but not that much. i understand they wont play much Fungus Amongus and Science and thats already sad but they didnt even played the songs i like in Make Yourself and Morning View, now that ****ed me up, that was so sad. seriously, i almost cried, i can't keep still. Why Dirk, Why'd you have to leave?! its like this, ex: you're the biggest fan of dimebag and someguy replaced him and you watched your 1st ever concert of PanterA, its like you're happy to see them play and hear them, but you're ****ing sad and annoyed by it. OKAY. finally after the show i got invited to the MTV after party with incubus cause of my friend he's a VJ. but it was so lame, you can't even take pics with them and i didnt get my album signed. ****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, i just met 'em, but what do i care about brandon boyd? or the other members? it was sad, Mike was drunk, and Jose didnt even show up, now wtf. seriously i wanna cry. **** it.
I got 99 problems and they all bitches
Last edited by 4STRINGBOY at Mar 12, 2008,
Get over it? At least you got to see them play.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
I don't care, it's not that bad
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Its a band, line ups change, thats just the music industry. Just listen to the songs you like and remember the good times.

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

dude they're a ****ing rock band. of course people were drunk, didnt show and didnt care. you shouldve offered some sloppy HJ's - you know a little courtesy tug or something then see what happened
Don't be put off. Some bands have off days, you just happened to catch them on one of them. And yea, unless you're in Japan, concert tours rarely stop by our place. What did you pay, P10,000 or something?

EDIT: 'Tol, paki-space mo naman ang mga sinusulat mo. 'Di ko halos mabasa...ang nakikita ko lang ang mga ******
Quote by bigredbeast
how much is 15,000 PHP? I didn't know they played guitar in the Phillipines. I thought they played ukelele or something.

Because, of course, we're too far away from places with guitars and all that stuff so we play ukelele...
Last edited by BirdmanDeuce at Mar 12, 2008,
You learned a valuable lesson: THE MUSIC INDUSTRY IS DESIGNED TO RIP YOU OFF!!!!!

Period.

Concerts differ from concentration camps in that $6 beer is available. THAT'S IT!!!!!!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by Soggy FrenchFry
dude they're a ****ing rock band. of course people were drunk, didnt show and didnt care. you shouldve offered some sloppy HJ's - you know a little courtesy tug or something then see what happened

oh you dumb ass, it they were not drinking only Mike.
Stop yo bitchin'
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Pffft, do't just poopoo meeting Brandon Boyd! He's purdy
And you know... they're bloody good.

At least you met them?
Sucks that you couldn't take pictures though :/

.........there may be other times?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
You got to go backstage at an incubus concert, and you're sad about it?

Quit being such a pussy.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by musicianamedave
You got to go backstage at an incubus concert, and you're sad about it?

Quit being such a pussy.

dude i did enjoy, but come on. i feel differently. THEY DIDNT EVEN PLAYED THE SONGS I LIKE, AND THEY WERE EVEN HITS, THEY PLAYED 80% LIGHT GRENADES, THAT ALBUM SUCKED. NOT EVEN MORNING VIEW and MAKE YOURSELF hits, and the crowd in front was so gay! they werent partying and enjoying the music, they were ****ing taking pictures and not moving they were all standing up, they were ****ign boring. they were even full of rich ass posers, i was jumping and the ****ing bouncer came to me to stop dancign around and **** cause the people were complaining, NOW WTF?!
Sorry to hear that man. Although it is hard to accept that your main influence is no longer with the band, you should try to appreciate the concert for the music and not for the musician.

Take classical music for example: The original musician may be long dead and gone, but his music lives on in the playing of others.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by 4STRINGBOY
dude i did enjoy, but come on. i feel differently. THEY DIDNT EVEN PLAYED THE SONGS I LIKE, AND THEY WERE EVEN HITS, THEY PLAYED 80% LIGHT GRENADES, THAT ALBUM SUCKED.

...refer to my previous post.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by 4STRINGBOY
oh you dumb ass, it they were not drinking only Mike.

First off, I can't see how you can call me a dumbass when your sentence reads: "it they were not drinking only Mike."

And besides, you missed my intent which was to say, generally, in a rock band, people drink. In this case, Mike did.
i know, you guys are right, im being a fag but im sorry, its really sad, right?:|
You're upset because a band didn't play the songs YOU like? Why go to a show if you don't like all of the songs? They aren't going to take your list of favorite songs and only play them. You're a stupid idiot aren't you?
High as tits
Quote by Soggy FrenchFry
First off, I can't see how you can call me a dumbass when your sentence reads: "it they were not drinking only Mike."

And besides, you missed my intent which was to say, generally, in a rock band, people drink. In this case, Mike did.

so what i had a typo? so okay you win, happy now? whats your point then? thats even the problem, asshole. thats not big, the problem was they bouncers told the fans that we can't take pics and autographs.
Well, first things first, Incubus blows. Next, there is too much hating in this thread (I just added some, with my first sentence), so either close this yourself or watch it be closed.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
You're upset because a band didn't play the songs YOU like? Why go to a show if you don't like all of the songs? They aren't going to take your list of favorite songs and only play them. You're a stupid idiot aren't you?

you don't quite understand my friend, they didnt even played the biggest hits, they didnt play are you in, wish you were here, i miss you, pardon me, warning and they didnt even play dig. etc.
its like going to an RHCP concert and they didnt play can't stop, by the way, under the bridge, suck my kiss, give it away.

dude, its given, even if they're touring for the current album they're still gonna play old big hits. but the case in this concert they didnt.
Just get it done with, you do not need to make such a big deal out of it. Listen to their recordings, watch them on YouTube or something. Get that concert out of your head, simple as that.
Be glad you're alive and you have a fuucking roof over your head dude.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by 4STRINGBOY
you don't quite understand my friend, they didnt even played the biggest hits, they didnt play are you in, wish you were here, i miss you, pardon me, warning and they didnt even play dig. etc.
its like going to an RHCP concert and they didnt play can't stop, by the way, under the bridge, suck my kiss, give it away.

dude, its given, even if they're touring for the current album they're still gonna play old big hits. but the case in this concert they didnt.

It's not a given. the band decides what they want to play, and if they don't want to play their old hits, they don't have to. And there are plenty of bands that don't play their older hits.

When I saw Iron Maiden live, the only old song they played was Hallowed Be Thy Name. They didn't play Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills, etc.

Who cares? They're awesome bands, just listen to what they play. Don't be pissed because they didn't play an old song. Maybe the new guy didn't even know them yet.
High as tits
front row for what seems to be your fav band, and your whineing about it? so waht if it wasn't 'the perfect concert', you still got to go.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
i thought you were going to say a family member or your dog died or something really bad happened. You got to go to an incubus show, look at it that way. i guess id be a bit pissed if i went o a megadeth show and broderik didnt show up and Dave Mustaine tried to play martys solos (shudders) but im not going to a megadeth show becase tickets are too ****ing expensive!!!!!!! you went to a show AND got to see the band, you know how many people would kill for that?
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
So what if people were taking pictures? Memories!

Although sucks that you got bollocked for trying to enjoy... WAIT actually.. 'it sucked so baaad it all sucked'
If it sucked, why were you jumping around???!!!
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by BirdmanDeuce

EDIT: 'Tol, paki-space mo naman ang mga sinusulat mo. 'Di ko halos mabasa...ang nakikita ko lang ang mga ******

Which language is this?
Quote by 4STRINGBOY
Wall of text

This, if anything, shows how important the quotation marks actually are .
A band can't play there old hits all the time or it will just get repetative so stop making such a fuss.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
So what if people were taking pictures? Memories!

Although sucks that you got bollocked for trying to enjoy... WAIT actually.. 'it sucked so baaad it all sucked'
If it sucked, why were you jumping around???!!!

they played Vitamin and Favorite Things. only 2 "Jump Around" songs.
Quote by Archeo
I am afraid that is Tagalog, to which is my Local language.

True that.
aww, where is goatse when you need him.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first." - Samuel Langhornne Clemens
each band's music direction changes over time. You can't expect Incubus, or every other band to play the same type of music again and again. That might get boring and stuff.

You can't expect a band to play their biggest hits all the time. You'd get sick of it if you went on a tour and played the same song again and again and again. Look what happened to Radiohead and "Creep".

I recently went to watch Incubus (Singapore here) and I thought that, even though they didn't play some of their "more famous" songs, they still are great.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
I'm sorry that Incubus decided to move their sound in a different direction without consulting you. I'm sorry they changed bassists. I'm sorry that nobody in the audience was as cool as you are, or as hardcore of a fan as you seem to be. I'm sorry that you went backstage and got ignored by celebrities who care more about getting laid, having a beer, and unwinding after a show before they leave town for the next one than they do about some 16 year old fan who doesn't even like them anymore. And I'm sorry that people on UG are having a go at you.

You have a couple of options though: You could... find new bands to listen to? Stop listening to Incubus, if they piss you off so much?
Or, turn to a life of drugs and crime?
Or.. I dunno? I've never been so sad about something so insignificant.
Page 1 of 2