hey whenever people see me play guitar in music they say play a song and i go erm... i can play the mario theme tune... thats it... i dsoubt they wana hear a death metal song :/..... so can anybody reccomend me a song i can quickly play to impress somone when they ask me... thanks
I'll bet you look good on the Dance Floor by the Arctic Monkeys should go down well, along with things like Hey there Delilah, maybe something by Newton Faulkner?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Megallica666
also some songs that dont suck

To impress the general public you have to play something they know, the unfortunate truth of the matter is that most people don't know overly technical songs because they don't make the charts. We're not trying to impress musos here, just some randomers.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I'll bet you look good on the Dance Floor by the Arctic Monkeys should go down well, along with things like Hey there Delilah, maybe something by Newton Faulkner?

-1... like artic monkeys, but you will never impress anyone with that. ESPECIALLY with hey there delilah... unless its a girl. In that case hells yea.

i say miserlou by dick dale.

help your picking too.

also,

f#@$ her gently by tenacious d

anything by stephen lynch
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
hell, I could play bass for FOB but I'm not gay and I don't like eating babies

My gear:
Epiphone SG G-400
Takamine Jamsine Acoustic
VOX AD15VT
Digitech RP50
VOX Wah Pedal
If you can play First Circle by Pat Methany, they wont need to recognise it.

They'll be amazed anyway.
If you just want to impress random nonmusicians that walk by learn Don't fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult. It's surprising how many people know the bridge but have no idea what song it is.
"Dee" by Randy Rhodes (from "Blizzard of Ozz" ; Ozzy Osbourne).
Beautiful, short, and very sweet on the ears!
Quote by //ANDREW\\
uuuhhhh...

Wonderwall by Oasis is pretty easy

Well the only Wonderwall-chords i could find on the internet were not quite right :P Sounded like.. ****!

Know where i can find the right?
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
Just tap.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
Just tap.

*facepalm*

Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
Quote by PekarGuitar
*facepalm*

.. wtf is facepalm
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
Quote by TheKermal
.. wtf is facepalm

I'm not a Star Trek fan but this seems to convey the meaning well...

(And the facepalm is directed at the tapping comment)
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
lol @ the face plam

some songs that everyone knows wold be like crazy train(ozzy), highway to hell (ac/dc), dont want to miss a thing (aerosmith) eye of the tiger (journey)

btw this is my first post so congrats to me
wonderwall is a good and easy song but you need a capo. just search on youtube and you will find it there
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar