I just finished reading Catch-22, which is just amazing. Just wanted to know the opinions of those who've the sequel how does it compare to the original? Don't know whether dishing out money to buy that book if its not worth it.
Catch 23 sucks ass.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
The sequel (Closing Time) was horrible. At least the first half was, I didn't even bother finishing it, that's how much it sucked.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Yea, Heller tried to hard to make a strong sequel. He had already expressed most of his ideas in Catch-22 and "Closing Time" just falls way short in comparison. It's not the worst book ever- just compared to its predecessor
thats weird, i just finished reading catch 22 this week.

great book.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
i could not for the life of me get into catch 22.

i read the first few chapters.

i dont know what it was, but it was just such a drag to read.
I read Catch 22 and I thought it was amazing, I actually had no idea there was a sequel. I don't even understand why Heller decided to write a sequel, Catch 22 wrapped up quite nicely on its own.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
^^
It was his only major publishing. So he forced it out for money and besides he had expanded on his ideas...for the worst
Any other books of Heller you people would recommend? I haven't really heard anyone talk of any other of his books. Is he a one-hit wonder or what
you mean Catch 33 by Meshuggah? kickass, buy it
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
ive been meaning to read a new book, havent read one in years, but i have no idea about whats good these days, whats this about?
Quote by zappp
Sammi-Ellen is my australian (wish i had aborted) daughter!!
Quote by sammi-ellen
ive been meaning to read a new book, havent read one in years, but i have no idea about whats good these days, whats this about?

Catch 22? It's one of the coolest, most disorganized, comical stories written. Give it a shot, it's an easy read.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
.........but whats it about?
Quote by zappp
dankashire
Quote by zappp
Quote by Xeus
Catch 22 is such an amazing book, there should be a group for it!

There IS a ska band named catch 22..

Quote by Bloodycrass
There IS a ska band named catch 22..

no theres not
Quote by zappp
Quote by sammi-ellen
no theres not

I don't know if you're trying to be a jerk, or if you're just clueless, but yes there is.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.