I'm insane. for a while I was leaning towards a mesa rectoverb or an F-30/50 because they were cheaper and good sounding. But than came the Roadster, and the Splawn Quickrod/Nitro. And I fell in love with them. Should I wait the extra few months to snag one of these things or should I just grab what I can now so I can play gigs. I mean, I'm just a kid, so I don't know if botique 2k amps are for me for a first Professional amp... BUT THE TONES MAN THE TONES! I also don't know if I have time to save for that, what do you guys think?
You won't be happy until you get the better amp, so you're probably better off waiting.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Wait and save dude, the better tones will be worth it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I think that sometimes, you should only buy what you can justify.

JUSTIFY THIS *punch*

haha

Depends man, if you want it, do it. Splawns are...awesome...and if you can, and want to and have weighed up the pros and cons, DO IT
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by forsaknazrael
Haha. You know what I mean.

Why buy a 5000 dollar 100W amp if you only play in your bedroom, you know?

If you plan to gig later on, then sure. For those of us with real world expenses, though, spending a huge amount of money is a bit harder to justify.

I plan on gigging. These arent 5k... they are not much more than a Mark IV. Thing is I want a combo but these dont come like it
I personally think if you are going to spend a large sum on anything you should save and get exactly what you really want rather than being impatient and getting what you can right now.

On the other hand you could buy an amp now that will hold its value, continue saving and then sell up to get the ultimate amp you want. Sound like a plan eh?
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
good idea... Its just that both the amps I want are so hard to come by round here

The thing is, if I spend 1k on a combo... I could easily try to wait it out and grab the Splawn
Last edited by Highwaytohell at Mar 12, 2008,