I do not want this to turn into a Line 6 hate thread but i do have a few questions and the search function did not turn up any answers. I know one of the complaints about the non valve Spider III series of amps was that you could pretty much plug any guitar in, from a $150.00 ESP LTD M-50 to a EMG equiped, $900 ESP LTD EC1000 and they would sound pretty much the same, is this true of the Spider Valve too? Also, i heard on the Spider III's that single coil pickups do not sound good at all, is this also true of the Spider Valve? Thanks guys.
- - Dave - -

Gear:

ESP LTD EC-1000 Amber Sunburst w/Duncans
Roland 20W Cube Amp

Want:
New tube amp.....
Last edited by DLesko at Mar 12, 2008,
I heard the spider valve is ONLY good when cranked up very loud, then the tubes take over and much of the "digital" sound is gone
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by DLesko
Also, i heard on the Spider III's that single coil pickups do not sound good at all, is this also true of the Spider Valve? Thanks guys.

Spider 3 owner here. My single coil neck pickup sounds pretty good through it. I haven't tried the SV, but I hear the same things in regards to turning up the volume.
Quote by Teh GIR
I heard the spider valve is ONLY good when cranked up very loud, then the tubes take over and much of the "digital" sound is gone

Not true. I played it at Guitar Center at about 1, and it was pretty warm-sounding. Not very digital at all, no matter what preset I had on.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
to me it didnt really all sound digital the insane and metal channes are amazing but the crunch and cleans arent great