Guys, I wanted to gather your attention because I'm really, really tired. Let's pretend I want to search for a live recording of a song on YouTube. I go and search, and I get a buncha results! Awesome! Oh wait, most of those are the album version of the song included with the music video... and then another good chunk of them belong to a bunch of amateurish, pubescent "singer-songwriters'' doing an acoustic cover of the song, and then another good chunk of drummers, bassists, guitarists, who just play along with the CD.

I AM SO TIRED OF THIS!

Look, buddy, just 'cause you got a webcam, and just 'cause you got an instrument, that doesn't mean you should record yourself playing on your instrument with your webcam. Think to yourself, before using your webcam, does this recording have any value to anyone except me? If it doesn't, DON'T PUT IT ONLINE.

You have to just go ahead and assume that nobody wants to sit there and watch some 15 year old jam out in his parents basement. Because guess what? Nobody wants to sit around and watch some 15 year old jam out in his parents basement.

A WEBCAM IS NOT A HOME RECORDING STUDIO!
*/rant?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Stop going to YouTube?

EDIT----- Try Wolfgangs Vault for live recordings
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I refuse to sacrifice my internet experience!

That's letting them win man!
I like watching covers sometimes. Sure, it gets on my nerves that the majority of those playings are total crap, but that's what YouTube is for: sharing your videos with the world. I like watching people play covers as such:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnPlHmEh7vA
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I don't like when people post crap covers, but I love to see other people take on songs, and sometimes I watch how they play it when I'm learning a song.

What's wrong with people sharing their talents?

I have no problem finding live recordings of bands if you know how to search. =\
If you don't like it, that's not my or anyone else's problem. It's your problem not ours and there's NOTHING you can do about it so please kindly be quiet and yell to a wall if that's how you feel.

/thread

(seriously...close this please?)
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

In MY day...

(he says as joints creak and various undigested pharmaceuticals roll around in his stomach)

...we were forced to... *sniff* ....go to the... *whine* ...STORE and BUY our music... *sob*

Life sure is a steaming pile of horseshit, isn't it?
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

If people want to record themselves singing covers of When Darkness Falls or When Something Else Falls, so be it.

/drunken standing-up-for-youtube-dircetors

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
how about if that 15 yr old wants to know if he's any good? he can upload it, ask the numerous musicians on these kind of forums and they give him usefull tips and help him improve his playing, which in turn makes him a great player, gets him a really kick ass band, he gets famous and lives a life of luxury, but nooooo you can't let him have that cause you're really just retarded that way.... so instead, like me, you come over here the pit, the world lausiest excuse for a forum and start ranting about it...

/rant
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Oh and I forgot to mention:

I could understand if you were whining about people posting guitar hero playing...
That's just pathetically sad and not impressive.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
In MY day...

(he says as joints creak and various undigested pharmaceuticals roll around in his stomach)

...we were forced to... *sniff* ....go to the... *whine* ...STORE and BUY our music... *sob*

Life sure is a steaming pile of horseshit, isn't it?

In my day we had to find our own rock to beat with a stick.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by pratt121
Guys, I wanted to gather your attention because I'm really, really tired. Let's pretend I want to search for a live recording of a song on YouTube. I go and search, and I get a buncha results! Awesome! Oh wait, most of those are the album version of the song included with the music video... and then another good chunk of them belong to a bunch of amateurish, pubescent "singer-songwriters'' doing an acoustic cover of the song, and then another good chunk of drummers, bassists, guitarists, who just play along with the CD.

I AM SO TIRED OF THIS!

Look, buddy, just 'cause you got a webcam, and just 'cause you got an instrument, that doesn't mean you should record yourself playing on your instrument with your webcam. Think to yourself, before using your webcam, does this recording have any value to anyone except me? If it doesn't, DON'T PUT IT ONLINE.

You have to just go ahead and assume that nobody wants to sit there and watch some 15 year old jam out in his parents basement. Because guess what? Nobody wants to sit around and watch some 15 year old jam out in his parents basement.

A WEBCAM IS NOT A HOME RECORDING STUDIO!

Yeah well, people have the right to post their videos on Youtube, and you should be encouraging them instead of....

Just kidding. Yeah. If you suck at playing guitar don't post your shitty videos on youtube. Nobody wants to see some spoilt brat who got $2000 worth of gear on his 15th birthday destroy the songs I was listening to when he was torturing his parents with his obnoxious crying and diaper shitting habits.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Meh. I lke watching covers, helps m learn songs.
Also, watching bad ones makes me realise how much better than them i am. Win win.
I don't mind covers, and I usually don't have any trouble finding live performances. What I hate, though, is kids recording shows live on their freaking cell phones and then uploading it. It's usually unwatchable and downright painful to listen to, and yet there's hundreds of videos like it on there...
OK, clearly I misoverestimated UG. I'm not really talking about covers... I don't mind em as long as they actually have a singer (when necessary) but still, webcam videos are highly BORING, it's just a guy in his room with a guitar, it's not exciting. It needs to have that something extra or I'm really just not interested. Hell dude, get a camera and stand in a park or something. Do SOMETHING.

And yes, they have a "right" to put them up, but I have a right to tell them that I find their video (and all videos like it) to be an utter waste of anyone's time. I don't watch them. I don't "get" the people who DO find them entertaining. I feel that the purpose of said video should be to BE entertaining, and it just isn't.

The guy who was saying that they put vids up to get validation and see if they're any good.. I think you're giving them too much credit. First, YouTube comments are utterly useless. Nobody on YouTube's comment system appears to be sane, or have any clue what they're talking about. YouTube's commentators are worse than the people you play Halo 3 with. And the "director" is probably not really looking for opinion from people who are going to make them a better player, they're probably just looking for someone their age (possibly a member of the opposite sex) to shower them with praise.

Thirdly, this thread is only 60% serious. Those of you who are having a go at me for being too uptight are completely missing the idea. I'm just having fun, poking fun at people on the internets. It's not like when I leave to go to work I'm gonna be pissed about YouTube.
If you don't like it, that's not my or anyone else's problem. It's your problem not ours and there's NOTHING you can do about it so please kindly be quiet and yell to a wall if that's how you feel.

/thread

(seriously...close this please?)
Well if you don't like my thread it's not my problem, it's YOUR problem and there's NOTHING you can do about it... and so on.

see how retarded circular arguments like that are? Yea, they're dumb.
Quote by Covet
I don't mind covers, and I usually don't have any trouble finding live performances. What I hate, though, is kids recording shows live on their freaking cell phones and then uploading it. It's usually unwatchable and downright painful to listen to, and yet there's hundreds of videos like it on there...

OMG I KNOW!

I want 30 seconds worth of ear-piercing screaming from the audience and a faint hint of the intro to my favorite song. Sweet vid. Glad you shared it.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I've never uploaded a video to youtube, but I kinda have the urge now.

you should man!! it's great fun!!

*sarcasm*
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC