Does anyone know how the hell one goes about doing this? I tried putting an allen wrench through the small hole in them, but even the 1mm didn't fit. Next, there appears to be a nut under the pickguard on the shaft of the pot, but I'll be damned if I can get a toll in there that can actually turn it. Does anyone have a clue how to get these off without chopping up the pickguard (I'm talking about the ones that come stock on the KH21, Dave Gilmour, and Steve Lukather pickguard mounted sets, among other things.
If you're talking about the knobs themselves, its gotta be either an allen key or a flat-head screw.

Worse comes to worse: Rag + Vice grips + Force = Removed Knob.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by jm1681
If you're talking about the knobs themselves, its gotta be either an allen key or a flat-head screw.

Yeah, the knobs themselves. I didn't know if there was anything smaller than a 1mm allen wrench, which is what I tried, hence my confusion. The only possible issue with the rag would be getting it under them, as they are almost flush to the pickguard. I guess I try leveraging a pick under them to raise it a little. At this point, the pickguard is trashed anyway, so I'm ready to just start breaking it apart.
Quote by CJRocker
...I guess I try leveraging a pick under them to raise it a little...
My bad, I thought these were dome knobs.

For strat style knobs, I'd use a chisel. You should be able to sneek one under without mangling the pickguard too much. Just twist a little at a time and the knobs should easily pop off.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
I take off stubborn knobs with a t-shirt. you just wrap the bottom of your t-shirt around underneath the knob and then you just yank it off and you don't have to worry about it flying anywhere.
I managed to lodge a very small flat head screw driver I had into the hole and turn the set screw holding it in. Old though my allen wrenches wouldn't turn it... I could see it being a pain in the ass if you don't keep a precision screw driver set around.
Quote by jm1681
Quote by jm1681
For strat style knobs, I'd use a chisel.
You should be able to sneek one under without mangling the pickguard too much.

*goes on futile search for "cringe" smiley*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
perhaps it's in Imperial vs. metric for the keys?

or perhaps I'm just stupid.

but i have seen a difference, a la Locking nut screws
------

Shwiggity.
Yea metric doesnt work for standard and viseversa. If they are metal then will have a set screw if are plastic just need to be more persuasive. And as you dont care about the pickguard more destructive if you want.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
*goes on futile search for "cringe" smiley*
Of course I meant all those things with an unnecessarily noted, but obligatory "Gently"
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头