I Just bought a Peavey 6505 plus head and a Peavey JSX cab, I've been playing it through my Ibanez RG3EX1 series guitar with 2 Ibanez Designed by EMG" humbucker pickups...These pickups were ok through a Line 6 Spider III but they sound like **** through 6505 plus.....Does anyone know some good pickups to get...Especially for Metal cause I love this guitar I just need it to sound better now that I have better Equiptment
How much you looking to spend?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I'd throw some real EMG's in it, or some Blackouts because that seems like it would be the thing to do. Are the EMG designed pups active or passive?
^ Passive.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Get an 81 or 85 for your bridge and it will sound beastly....Make sure your using the right Ohm load on your cab BTW...it effects tone a hell of a lot.

If you do put the 81/85 in Id also do the 18V mod to it too.
Guitars:
LTD MHNT250 (Bare Knuckle Warpig in Bridge)
AMP/Cab:
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960A Cab
Rack:
Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
DBX 266 XL Compressor
Check out my band!:
Revenance
It could just be the sh*tty cab and you not dialing in the amp right

Not to mention the 6505+ isn't exactly the greatest sounding amplifier out there.
Not to mention the 6505+ isn't exactly the greatest sounding amplifier out there.

Really? (sarcastic) I played the 6505+ and thought it sounded great. I also used a guitar with EMGs FYI.
Edit: Sorry quote got messed up.
Quote by Gibson_Left
It could just be the sh*tty cab and you not dialing in the amp right

erm no...just no.
Guitars:
LTD MHNT250 (Bare Knuckle Warpig in Bridge)
AMP/Cab:
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960A Cab
Rack:
Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
DBX 266 XL Compressor
Check out my band!:
Revenance
I was looking at getting some seymour Duncans to put in the guitar because from what I've heard those sound pretty damn good..... Does anyone know much about seymour duncans...price isnt really an issue I have a job and I can just save for them
I was also wondering what a good noise gate would be to get...A few people have suggested the Rocktron Hush Super C because it is relatively inexpensive, yet does a fairly good job at eliminating the hum and feedback...any suggestions?
Quote by Line666III
I was also wondering what a good noise gate would be to get...A few people have suggested the Rocktron Hush Super C because it is relatively inexpensive, yet does a fairly good job at eliminating the hum and feedback...any suggestions?

For pups, get either Seymour Duncan Blackouts or EMG 81/85.

For gate, get an ISP Decimator.
Active pups are not required.

Maybe a Seymour Duncan Custom in the bridge position, and something like a '59 in the neck if you want better cleans (although it IS a 6505, cleans are not so good)

And I hear the ISP Decimator is basically THE noise reducer to get, other than the ISP Decimator Rackmount unit.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Ive heard that active pickups arent all that they are cracked up to be.... almost everyone has told me 2 get blackouts or emgs, but i'd rather have something passive i thing... a few people have suggested dimebuckers but I've also heard that they have a huge amount of treble so i dont knonw if thats what im looking for, Someone also told me that the seymour duncan Invaders were pretty awesome and that they were relatively inexpensive compared to the EMG's.....
And I hear the ISP Decimator is basically THE noise reducer to get, other than the ISP Decimator Rackmount unit.

I actually have the ISP Decimator Pedal...I tried putting it through my FX loop in my 6505+ but it made the amp really quiet and I tried putting it through the front and I guess it did an ok Job, i can live with it