My friend recently got a Vintage Silvertone Twin Twelve amp:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1965-Silvertone-Twin-Twelve-Jensens-Tube-Amp-Model-1484_W0QQitemZ140212594058QQihZ004QQcategoryZ64451QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And it sounds amazing when cranked to the max. It's OD is extremely creamy, and I am wondering what amps could I look at that are vintage and in this price rage?

I have looked at older Deluxe and Super Reverbs, but I know they wont break up as soon.
High as tits
maybe a used AC30
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
maybe a used AC30

I would cream my pants for one from the sixties.

I personally like the fender vibroverb
y dont u want the silvertone?
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
AC-30 or you could try an old marshall plexi if you wanna spend some cash.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Beware of buying vintage amps over Ebay. There might be a good reason why this guy is selling this vintage amp without no reserve price on Ebay.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Exactyl why I don't want to buy this one. My friend bought his for $500 with a reserve on it, and it was in working order.

I can't find any older 60's AC30's.
High as tits
That's because 60s AC30s are ridiculously collectible and very very expensive.

You could probably get a small Siverface fender, like a Champ or Princeton, a Silvertone, maybe a Danelectro or something.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Check out the Klemt Echolettes, if you want a blues/bluesrock/classic rock amp. The BS40 is ****ing mindblowing. Creamy, singing overdrive, something inbetween a Marshall and a Hiwatt... Fantastic. The cleans are very dynamic, overall a great amp. I also recommend the M40.

Let me say it like this: I had two amps. A 1980s JCM 800 and the BS40. The JCM800 got sold, the Echolette stayed. Any questions?
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Part of the beauty of the Silvertone amps are the cheap parts they're made from. They're still pretty affordable today, but its getting harder.

Do you want an amp that size? Something to gig with? Those are fewer and further between. The old Traynors are awesome. Magnatones are to die for, but pricey. You might be able to find a bigger Kay or Airline. Problem is, you're probably going to have to take a chance on ebay. I've done pretty well with smaller amps. Just follow the general rules with ebay; make sure you read the ad carefully, and only deal with people with a lot of posiotive feedback.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Yeah, I try to stay with Power Sellers or people that have a minimum of 98% positive feedback.

I need something for gigs, so I need at least 30 watts tube, since at my school there is a Gym as well as an Ampitheatre, so I need something that can get pretty loud.
High as tits
I love old amps, but you're really taking a chance with vintage gear for gigs. I wouldn't go that route unless I really knew my way around an amp's insides. Even the best old amps are likely to need some sort of cap work.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Alright sounds good. I think ill stick to my 900, it isn't that old, turning 18 this year .

I just wanted one for the tone, since that silvertone sounded great when cranked...Is it only amps that have wiring problems and is that why vintage gear like strats sell so high and seem to be workhorses?
High as tits
Quote by Hultan
Beware of buying vintage amps over Ebay. There might be a good reason why this guy is selling this vintage amp without no reserve price on Ebay.

that reminds me, I saw a peavey classic 30 going for $.99 cents (no reserve)

then I scrolled down some and read that something in the amp was broken.

THis:

Q: What do you mean when you say it powers up but it has problems? Mar-11-08
A: Transformer is out, it powers up, all the tubes glow but no sound. Maybe an input transformer.
Quote by esp1234
that reminds me, I saw a peavey classic 30 going for $.99 cents (no reserve)

then I scrolled down some and read that something in the amp was broken.

THis:

Q: What do you mean when you say it powers up but it has problems? Mar-11-08
A: Transformer is out, it powers up, all the tubes glow but no sound. Maybe an input transformer.

You could take the knobs off and sell them for more than that.