Hello everyone,

Hope I posted this in the right section. I have a 2005 Epiphone Ltd. Edition SG with Maestro blah blah. Lately I've been having problems with the bends on the high E from the 12th fret and up. They just die out. There's no other way I can describe it better. When I bend a note, at a certain point it dies out, zip! I suppose a fret job is what my guitar needs, so I was wondering if anyone knows approximately how much that would cost. I'm in Madrid right now, so if anyone here knows of a good place where I can get it done, maybe even a full setup for a decent price, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
The very same thing happened to my Ibanez. Bending on the 17th fret specifically and it would just die. I had a guy look at it and he said raised fret but wanted £60 for a full setup which was fair enough. I never got around to doing it as I got a new guitar but it means that i have mega action on my Ibanez now to compensate.
Hope that helps...
you might be able to just raise the action a little.

that's done at the bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
fret the Low E first fret, at the same time,
fret the Low E at the lst fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets, 7-9th

if the string lays on the fret wire there, you dont have enough bend.
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there, you have too much.

with buzzing at the 12th, you probably dont have enough bend. if that's the case, and you want to adjust the neck then repost, and ill talk u thru it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah as JJ1565 implied, I'd wager a little bit of relief on the neck will cure it. if you've had it for a while there'll be some minor fret wear, but a truss adjustment should be sufficient for now.