hey poeple im just wondering how can i practice all these finger exersises? ill often practice around 4 different types of like 1234,2341,3412,4123 when ive done all them it would of taken like 1-2 hours and that be done for my speed bit in my practice routeen i just dont get how to practice all differnt types can some one give me some advice cheers !
Quote by Ryansb123
hey poeple im just wondering how can i practice all these finger exersises? ill often practice around 4 different types of like 1234,2341,3412,4123 when ive done all them it would of taken like 1-2 hours and that be done for my speed bit in my practice routeen i just dont get how to practice all differnt types can some one give me some advice cheers !

Me advice would be to practice something which you might actually use in a song. These exercises only serve the purpose of increasing finger strength and speed. I would say practice scales, riffs, or difficult sections from a song your learning instead. These will still increase your speed and strength, but will also help you to memorize how to play useful things.

Also ALWAYS use a metronome. If you are practicing any technique, take it very slow to start, and slowly speed it up making sure you do not make any mistakes. If you do make a mistake, either just hold the wrong note, as if it were the right one, and then keep playing, or if your timing is off, stop and restart. Practice more difficult sections more, and pay very close attention to your timing.

If your timing is off, everyone notices. If your notes are off, people think you were meaning to play those notes for added tension.