Page 1 of 2
Hey.

Ok here is the story. I had my mind set on a Traynor YCV50 haven't played one yet but from sound clips and reviews it sounds amazing.

well I happend to go to a music shop today and try out a Vox AC30......It was AMAZING so perfect great cleans creamy overdrive just perfect.

so here is the question which one is better I would get the AC15 version so there a difference between those two?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I think the only difference would be the wattage, and if your AC30 had a Top Boost on it, which it might have had, that wouldnt be on the AC30.
^^ what? how was it not an AC30?

nvm I know what you mean lol
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
There is a noticeable difference between the AC15 and AC30.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
really? whats the difference?

also what would be better the traynor or teh Vox?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
ARGG. lol I don't have money for the 30 and Don't wanna wait that long.

From what I have heard of the Traynor its sounds really good. but I personaly haven't tried it.

I do know the AC-30 sounds very good though.

I want it to be able to get a nice marshally sounging distoriton but I want good cleans to.

the Ac 30 did that or something like it
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
It not marshally your right but it kinda has that vibe to my ears yah they are kinda different they sound like distant cousins or something lol

all I know is have aboout 600 for a tube combo
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
^ Look into a peavey classic 30, its kinda a cross between an AC30 and some type of vintage marshall. Also the tranyor YVC 50 blue its supose to have a pretty good marshall type tone, although I have never used one.
ok peavey delta blues I'll check it out I have never liked the Classic series though thats just me.

I really need to find a YCV50 to try out.

I want a marshall sound but i need good cleans to man am I a mess lol
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
The Delta Blues is in the classic series, and sounds close to the Classic 30. Look into some Fender combos, the Blues Deluxe is around $600 new, and I gig with a Blues Jr. and it sounds great.
hmmm. no I don't really want a blues Jr. they're great little amps but i need a better overdrive sound I personaly don't like it to much
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
BTW on the C30 make sure you try it without the boost enguaged, it really makes the amp sound bad to me
I'd give the peavey classic series another chance.
Try a new one, they have JJ tubes.
If you like marshall and vox, the peavey is a good blend.
The clean is much like a vox (and the cranked tone is too), and the lead channel is crunchy and marshally.

^Yeah, boost makes it sound like crap.
Try a C50.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Mar 12, 2008,
hmmmm I'll try one again next time I'm in town

last one I tried though I hated it it just really yuck sounding kinda tinny and and sharp
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
what about these peavey windsors? there is one of them at my music shop how are they?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by forsaknazrael
Doesn't sound like the Classic 30 I know of.

bad tubes? I dunno I just hated it thats all i know.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
^Alright. Bad cleans though.
Definetely give peavey classics another chance.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I will I'll be sure to try it ideas on how to spice up the cleans then?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
The widsor only a one channel amp. On the C30 the Cleans are pretty awesome, nearly as good as a Fender, diferent sounding more warm and a little darker, but still chimey.
oh. ok so no winsdor.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
what about the palimino V32?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
so classic 30 is the V32?..... ok..... how bout the Blackheart?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
^Ja.

C30/50's have a darker clean channel, but it's still chimey.
I'm thinking of souping up the speakers and hire someone to mod it instead of buying a second amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
are the valvekings not good classic rock/blues amps?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
^Bah, VK's are mediocre tube amps.
They're good for metal, but the classic pwns them in every other category.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ah. I'm not a metal person ocasionally yes but not my main thing.

any other ideas

or i'm gonna have to decide between the Classic 30

the Traynor YCV50

I'm also looking at the fender Blues Deluxe
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
The Blues Deluxe has (marginally) better cleans than the classic series, but the overdrive of the peavey pwns it.
Yeah, just try out the traynor sidebyside with the peavey.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by darkarbiter7
The Blues Deluxe has (marginally) better cleans than the classic series, but the overdrive of the peavey pwns it.
Yeah, just try out the traynor sidebyside with the peavey.

I still dunno where I'm gonna find a traynor though
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
cool Ii'll see what else i can find
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
They are really common used at local stores.
Take a look there.
And, there's always the classic 50 also.
If you want cleaner cleans at gigs, the 50 may be better.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Nah the 30 will be fine ...I'll go have a look around some pawn shops and stuff and I'll go to my music store see what they have used
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Page 1 of 2