honestly.. to me... its just speakers.

now i better get out of here before someone gets all "techincal explanation" on me
Well. They are not the best, nor the worst. I feel that they lack some definition and are a bit too punchy (The bass kinda chokes the sound)

They seem to hate high Volume.

Behringer BG cabs are better. Anything loaded with CV30's or CV65's are way better.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Last edited by perkristian876 at Mar 12, 2008,
Yes their bad because they have the lowest grade speakers in them that they can find.

I reccommend getting an Avatar for the same price if not less with highest grade celestions you can find.

AKA Celestion Vintage 30's
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
Yus.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yes.
Cheaply made, - crap quality,
Speakers are terrible.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by steven seagull
yes

could you please explain why?
not being a dick.
just wondering.
Yes.
too much bass in them i'd say.
They got pretty low grade speakers in them.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

now i better get out of here before someone gets all "techincal explanation" on me
Shitty speakers sound shitty.

... sorry about the highly technical explanation.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

+1
I hate those, when they're not called for...

in this case, it kinda is called for. Celestions are amazing tho.
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
Last edited by appetite4gnr at Mar 12, 2008,
I've heard some people say Avatar cabs aren't exactly buitl great either, and their selling point are the speakers...
Buy a poor cab but with Celestion Vintage 30's.

1. Open the cab
2. Tighten all the screws you may find including arround the speakers.
3. Seal the corners with some kind of silicone (the corner on the front board which holds the speakers)
4. Solder all cables, Maybe buy a new input-jack.
5. Make sure the mid column is straight
6. If wanted, seal around the speaker handles.
7. Close the cab and tighten goodly
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
There are alot of people who use them. Best thing to do is try it out, and if u like it, get it. Most people just swap the speakers out eventually anyway.
don't get the 4X10 cabs tho...
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
Quote by perkristian876
Buy a poor cab but with Celestion Vintage 30's.

1. Open the cab
2. Tighten all the screws you may find including arround the speakers.
3. Seal the corners with some kind of silicone (the corner on the front board which holds the speakers)
4. Solder all cables, Maybe buy a new input-jack.
5. Make sure the mid column is straight
6. If wanted, seal around the speaker handles.
7. Close the cab and tighten goodly

And it still doesn't help if it's made of crappy wood. (like the Marshall 2x12s)
You all keep saying crappy speakers, but I am curious, what speakers exactly do they have?
Quote by CJRocker
I've heard some people say Avatar cabs aren't exactly buitl great either, and their selling point are the speakers...

Their house-made cabs aren't the greatest, but their Vintage cabs that are actually made by Mojo are really good
Quote by sofubar
You all keep saying crappy speakers, but I am curious, what speakers exactly do they have?

Marshall/Celestion custom-designed speakers

If you know how to interpret advertising code, this means Marshall asked Celestion to get them some cheap-ass bullshit speakers from China and put their name on them. Celestion said: "Sure bitch, but only if you put your name on them, too."

BTW, I never said crappy!

I said shitty.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Marshall/Celestion custom-designed speakers

If you know how to interpret advertising code, this means Marshall asked Celestion to get them some cheap-ass bullshit speakers from China and put their name on them. Celestion said: "Sure bitch, but only if you put your name on them, too."

BTW, I never said crappy!

I said shitty.

Lol, thanks for filling me in I had looked on the Marshall site and that's what it said, custom. 'That means bugger all to me' I thought. Thanks for the enlightenment
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

whoa whoa slow down there mr "thomas edison" with your technical mumbo jumbo
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

lol wut
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

Yeah dude, its JUST speakers, they JUST create the sound.

Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Marshall JCM200 TSL100 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
Okay I've owned one so I can speak from EXPERIENCE with it..

Yes they are ****e..

They are built from flimsy wood - probably like 8-10 ply.. Whereas good Marshall cabs are built from like 16-18 ply.. and the front and back baffles are made of particle board..

The cab as a whole is also a LOT smaller than a Marshall 1960 4x12 cabinet.. At LEAST 2 inches off each side.

The speakers have bad efficiency, making them really quiet and farty sounding, they also just generally sound crappy because the cabs are so small.. (It's comparable to think about a Valve Junior combo 8" speaker sound (MG cab sound).. Then a Valve junior through a 12" speaker (Marshall 1960 cab sound)..)

So there you have it, speaking FROM EXPERIENCE, not hear-say and bandwagon opinions, YES the Marshall MG cabinets are rubbish.
If you go look at the price of the real celestion speakers and compare to the cost of an entire cab with 4 speakers from marshall you will see why they are crappy. 4 12" greenback celestions (one of their cheapest celestions) from antique electronics supply is 400 bucks. And the marshall cab with 4 chinese celestions is 279.00. And a decent empty cab is over a hundred bucks so do the math. And wood a cab is made of makes a huge difference just as it does in guitar bodies. And for the guy that says speakers are speakers, good speakers cost money. Try some of the elcheapo car stereo stuff from walmart sometime. I cant believe celestion is allowing marshall to even use their name on these things.
Quote by appetite4gnr
There are alot of people who use them. Best thing to do is try it out, and if u like it, get it. Most people just swap the speakers out eventually anyway.
don't get the 4X10 cabs tho...

Because they're big and they say Marshall. They have such a reputation that they could pretty much put their name on anything and it would sell.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.