Best techniques that look amazing?

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
sweep up then tap/slide, sweep down

looks and sounds awesome =D, not very easy thou lol
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by hugh20
Best techniques that look amazing?

Wut?

If by look you mean sound, then I'd agree with sweeping, or maybe tapping, but not like huge strings of just tapping little bits within a melody or song.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
if you want to look cool, try playing the guitar upside down, through your legs, behind your back and with your teeth. Zakk Wylde uses these at concerts.

tapping looks cool too, but if it sounds crap then you wont look cool. dont sacrifice sound for looks.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Be Tommy Emanuel?

Or try playing classical guitar; that's one of the most awesome things you can do.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Sweep tapping.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
sweep picking and the legendary dimebag squeal thing..when done right. altho it can be quite funny when people try and do it and are rubbish
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
its weird...i always thought sweeps were so cool, until i got good at them...now theyre just bleh.

i find two hand tapping pretty cool
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by SomeDude49

I think that qualifies as sweep tapping.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The Gilberto method of string skipping/sweeping. Although not really sweeping, i think it looks more apealing and do it more often. Of course you need to add the tap slide thing too.
Quote by dogismycopilot
The Gilberto method of string skipping

+1

Was just about to say that!

People sweep hes leads alot when theirs string skipping because its a hard technigue to do as well as he does!
Quote by nvranka
its weird...i always thought sweeps were so cool, until i got good at them...now theyre just bleh.

i find two hand tapping pretty cool

I know exactly what you mean. It gets boring. I learn different arpeggios now though like major6 ect. Keep it interesting.

And yeah anything with tapping looks cool.
The best technique looks boring...watch Segovia. It looks like those fat fingers of his couldn't hold a spoon. You hardly see him move but it sounds like an orchestra when he plays. Good technique glorifies efficiency, not showmanship. If you want a good LOOKING technique I'll leave you with the windmill power chord.
my favorite little trick is the one Page and Frusciante do live, where they bend the strings over outside the fretboard by the nuts, with distortion, and then use the whammy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gf4mRdd5DY

like at :35 seconds in. Its fun, really really easy to do, and it sounds pretty cool. I also like pinch harmonics, and the harmonic over on the 2.75 fret with a whammy, i guess its called the dimebag squeal? those are tight.
rIp