Hey,im interested in getting one of these as my first electric guitar..(been playing acoustic for a few years now)..Im getting one because of the versatilty it offers over a les paul and fender strat..

anyway is this a good deal

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=41247&cpage=2&perpage=15&cat=16#poststart

considering what looks to be the same

http://www.thomann.de/ie/epiphone_sg400_custom_ai.htm

is more expensive and that guy is including a hard case..
Damien Rice === Legend
It's a pretty good deal.

Though, remember you'll be buying used, so you don't know just how much damage it might have - some people advertise 'great condition', when actually none of the wiring works and half the paint's been scratched off. Usually people don't lie about this stuff, but you do have to be careful...

Also, the 3-pickup version? Really? Few professionals ever really use a middle humbucker, let alone new electric players. You'd probbaly be better off getting the (even cheaper) two-pickup version.
Quote by bokuho
It's a pretty good deal.

Though, remember you'll be buying used, so you don't know just how much damage it might have - some people advertise 'great condition', when actually none of the wiring works and half the paint's been scratched off. Usually people don't lie about this stuff, but you do have to be careful...

Also, the 3-pickup version? Really? Few professionals ever really use a middle humbucker, let alone new electric players. You'd probbaly be better off getting the (even cheaper) two-pickup version.

+1, and with two pickups you'll have less magnetic pull, resulting in more sustain
Last edited by na10tbolt at Mar 12, 2008,
I want a good deal first and foremost and not to get ripped off because ill be having this guitar for the next 5 years...

Im willing to go up to 500 absolute tops but i dont think i really need to

I listen to alot o various indie light rocky bands that such as the Kooks and Fratellis and the odd bit of Blink 182 and other catchier stuff...i was interested in epiphone lp but told it clashed of what i wanted and told to look into SGs and Telecasters..
Damien Rice === Legend
but are they as versatile as the sg's in case i want to broaden my horizons a bit like..
Damien Rice === Legend
Dude good choice on a first guitar. I had a Faded SG for my first decent electric. It was a good choice. I still play it sometimes.