Right, so the Valveking 212 has 2x16 Ohm speakers and the Impedance switch set to 8 Ohms, I'm assuming this means that the speakers are in a "parallel circuit".

The reason I ask this is because I am going to get two Celestion G12K-100 speakers that only come in 8 Ohm's, with this in mind I am assuming I need to set the impedance on my Amp down to 4 Ohms, is this correct?

If not, someone point me in the right direction, and with that, is there anything else I should know about before I undertake the task at hand?

(Yes, this is the last question I'm going to ask about Speakers and Impedance xD)

Thanks in advance!
Jackson DK2M - White
Peavey Valveking 212
Ernie Ball - Skinny Top, Heavy Bottom strings
Anyone able to help me out here?
I can just see my Thread floating away into nothingness xD
Jackson DK2M - White
Peavey Valveking 212
I'm actually surprised that the VK runs at 8ohms. Usually Peaveys run at 16ohms.

If you have the option of setting the amp to 16ohms, I'd wire the two 8ohm speakers in series and set it that way. Otherwise, you could go parallel at 4ohms.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Thanks for the reply, well, the two speakers in the Cab right now are the default 16 Ohm x2 Valveking Voiced Speakers, which, I'm assuming correctly are running parallel at 8 Ohms, thanks for the advice, I might just run em' at 16, any benefits from running them in series?

Thanks for answering my question though! ^^
Jackson DK2M - White
Peavey Valveking 212
Quote by slatsmania
I'm actually surprised that the VK runs at 8ohms. Usually Peaveys run at 16ohms.

Yeah the VK runs two 16ohm speaker in parallel.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
No advantage to series over parallel, but running at the highest ohm rating will take advantage of more windings on the transformer for -potentially- the best tone. It's a rule of thumb thing.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
No advantage to series over parallel, but running at the highest ohm rating will take advantage of more windings on the transformer for -potentially- the best tone. It's a rule of thumb thing.

Right I see, so it's one of those things that's worth doing but not essential, gotcha'
Jackson DK2M - White
Peavey Valveking 212