Dunno if this is the right forum or not, but what do you think of this band?

http://thegoodleftundone.webs.com/

just a another band from my town and I wanna see if anyone else as the same opinion as I do.
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
Quote by mcraddict81592
eh, theyre not great
(btw, whats your opinion?)

The same. The fact that we share a practice space is driving me crazy. They have a ton of fans at our school, but honestly I think they are terrible. Idk why they have so many people that like them. Its driving me crazy, because they write crap, and people tell them its good, so they write more crap.
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
Last edited by Arca301 at Mar 12, 2008,
eahh.. they're ok i guess
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
sounds like nickelback meets acid...
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
It seems im not alone after all...
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
Quote by SEbI666

http://www.myspace.com/aretardingmoment

this is a band from my area lisen to messiah <333333

wow i dont usualy like that genre but it sounds prety sweet

oh and srry if i double posted and for getting off topic :/
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
See what happends is, idiots try to make a band. That band then makes crappy ass music. Then, since most of the world is made up of idiots, people support the band and say they are great.

Then it goes on and on and on.

That are really awful, they need to find a drummer that doesn't 1. play on a desk. 2. can keep a beat.

*edit*

http://www.myspace.com/aretardingmoment

Sound sorta like mudvayne vocals and Metallica/Trivium guitar work.
Last edited by Guitarfreak777 at Mar 12, 2008,
Tis fine, ive reached my goal for this topic anyhow... and btw SEbl tell that band to have a better name to match their better music

Edit: and yeah gfreak my thoughts exactly.
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
Last edited by Arca301 at Mar 12, 2008,
They are terrible. Their riffs sound very simple (which is a bad thing in this case), everything sounds very boring, and I lost interest in them immediatly.
They are terrible. Their riffs sound very simple (which is a bad thing in this case), everything sounds very boring, and I lost interest in them immediatly.
Wow, That was horrible, they just played the same thing over and over and over. Honestly I almost feel asleep.
Hes playing on a guitar case >_> I told them to actually write riffs and quit arpeggiating power chords, and now I am their nemesis. Oh well. He also said AC/DC was terrible and that underoath was the best music he had ever heard.... We know who the idiot here is...
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
I'm taking a guess here without listening because the general consensus is that it's not worth listening.

Most musicians who are really good and creative are generally (at least in the beginning) social outsiders. They're the pimply-faced skinny or slightly overweight kids that would never make a sports team other than badminton, and are generally referred to as 'the music room geeks.' Go back through various interviews and you'll find this generally to be the case. Without a lot of friends, and a good nerdy work ethic applied to a love of music, they actually don't mind spending time with their instrument because they're not invited to the hippest parties, and the girls aren't exactly beating a path to their door either. Also, with their lacklustre social status, and probably observational character they have plenty of fuel for starting songwriting. They are also willing to learn geeky stuff like theory.

These nerds meet other nerds and form bands that make really good music that is played well. They start playing talent shows and wherever else will let them play, and before long start getting invited to the hip parties to play at because now that they're in a band, they're not so nerdy any more. The ditzy high-school girls who are seeking rebel status - some of them love nothing better than to say "yeah, well *my* boyfriend is in a band" - start to notice you and try attaching themselves to you to suit their own purposes.

Crap.... this is starting to sound like my life story.

Where am I going with this...

This other band is probably started by football players who drive mommy's Acura, pretending it is theirs, and spend all their energy trying to impress the chearleading squad. (not writing or practicing their instrument, right?) They're already popular - before they even learn to play two chords. So, when they form a band, it is all their "I wanna be popular too" friends who follow them around as if they were rock heroes. Sure, it's crap music, but what's a little holy reverence among friends?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
axeman, holy crap man. You hit it EXACTLY on the dot. This whole situation was about explained in your post. Except they don't play football. They skateboard....
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
There ****... to be honest.
WTF is the drummer doing (I only listened to the first minute or so, so he might do something better, but doubt) Sounds like he's just drumming a table, with extremely bad rhythm....
And the guitaring has really bad chord changes! HA HA HA
read three posts up >_>
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
Ultimately, post high school this band will dissappear, as will the 'popular' ethic, and as such these people will become nobodies, or in prison, which is basically the same thing.

You however, are putting in the effort. Post high school you'll know how to get a gig. They won't know how because they're used to things being offered to them.
just had a quick look
firstly, WTF is with all the stuff on the media page being exactly the same but with different distortion?
secondly, WHY is the "drummer" using a ****ing guitar case as a drum kit?
thirdly, the beginning of the one song on the media page is SO boring and crap, it's just some chords played in a slow succesion!

I hate bands like this, it's almost like they're only in it just to get girls and fans, not to actually make good music, there just a waste, i hate it.
Also I don't see why they need a whole ****ing website, when the recordings are such **** quality

Honestly if you feel the same join the club!
oh and one thing I forgot to add, why did they put "Live The Music!" in the website title?
That isn't music!!
What if I told you they actually think their stuff is really good... >_>. I laughed when he said that. I told him to listen to Iron Maiden, for some real metal. He said "whos that?". I almost died right there. Btw archer there is an edit button...
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
Last edited by Arca301 at Mar 13, 2008,
This is actually really really funny. You should make a hilarious video to this and put it on youtube, making them all sad and emo and unpopular.

By the way, since people are plugging local bands:

http://www.myspace.com/untappedfury

The guitarist in this band (who is also the lead singer) is so ****ing nuts... Maybe it was because I was drunk at the time, but he was showing me some stuff at a mutual friend's house, and I almost shat my pants because of how ****ing fast he could play.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
Last edited by seedmole at Mar 13, 2008,
Wow, their music is so spectacularly uninteresting...
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
Quote by Arca301
They skateboard....
Uggg! That's the worst!

Just so everyone knows, unless your last name is the same as a bird-of prey (Hawk) then no girl above the age of 16 will care that you skate.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
...unless your last name is the same as a bird-of prey (Hawk) then no girl above the age of 16 will care that you skate.

So true... I'm just trying to visualize some 25 year-old sitting down over cappucinos and coming out with "Like, OMG! You skate?! That's SO awesome, dude!"

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

have they ever talked to you about their music?

"we've got a new song we're working on, it's gonna be awesome man!"
"does this one have more than 3 chords?"

Hmm.... lots of awesome songs have only 3 chords.

CT

Axemanchris pretty much nailed it.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...