Kay , so I'm installing a new faucet in my kitchen and I'm trying to remove the nuts that hold the old faucet in place, problem is that , when I use the basin Wrench on these, they are so old and brittle , that the edges break off and I have nothing to grip on to.Now , I know this a guitar forum but it seems to be the only forum alive that people actually go onto. So if anyone knows anything to help me out , or even another method to remove the Locking Nuts please fill me in.

Thanks in Advance.

ShaunDiel
ahhh another qualification belonging to the pit along with their medical experties

sorry i have nothing constructive to add tho
well when this happens on my car, tractor or whatever im working on i use a blow torch and water, but that may not work for you
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
Quote by amcrambler
well when this happens on my car, tractor or whatever im working on i use a blow torch and water, but that may not work for you

Yeah I would except the locking nuts are these horrible welfare plastic pieces of crap.
If you are not going to reuse the pipe, just cut it off. If you are, go buy some new nuts to replace the old ones. I would try and put something over it to grip more with the pliers. Try some lube or something along those lines.

Or use a chisel, 2x4 or anything and a hammer.
have u tried steaming the part?

that might loosen up the grit/dirt and it will also expand the metal.

as far as the threading goes..... try ur best to get a wrench with teeth (not too sharp) so that way you have a bit more grip.

i've had trouble like this before.... persistance and a strong arm will win!!

good luck!!
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
^^^Agree. Technically, a basin wrench can unscrew a totally stripped nut. so if fragment chips off, re-tighten it...repeat. Show that thing who's boss!!
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
vice grips with some penetrating oil , if you dont have those pliers, if you dont have those oxyacetylene torch.
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.