Hi, I've only been playing guitar for a few months and was wondering if I should consider buying:

Speed Kills 2
Speed Kills 3
&
Speed Lives

They are DVD lessons by Michael Angelo Batio. They help with appregios, sweeping, speed, ect. but I dont know if they are right for me because I have been playing for only about 6 months. Help?

Thanks. =)
Quote by Iamonfire
Dear sweet zombie Jesus, I just creamed my pants.
No, make sure you've got the basics down before you go looking to shred.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No, make sure you've got the basics down before you go looking to shred.

+1. Get the basics down and get into theory.
Don't be so quick to say no- there are lots of exercises on each of the MAB dvd's that start with basic techniques that a beginner can use.

Don't limit yourself to just these lessons though. Check out www.metalmethod.com if you haven't already. For $150 you get the entire basic course (which is a great place for you to be right now and can be purchased separately for $75 or so. Covers absolute beginner through advanced, with theory), Classic Metal Licks, and the entire Speed Kills series (SK1, SK2, SK3, and Speed Lives). It is a lot of material and very well put together and presented professionally. It will keep you practicing and learning for quite a while, and you will see marked improvement in just a few months. If that seems steep, figure out how much it would cost to have a two hour private lesson every day.

I own several Metal Method dvd's and pretty much every MAB dvd. I am completely satisfied, and it has cost me nowhere near as much as if I had been taking private lessons for the last 6 months. Which means I have more cash for new gear
Quote by Hanrahan
Don't be so quick to say no- there are lots of exercises on each of the MAB dvd's that start with basic techniques that a beginner can use.

By basics I mean things like basic theory; chord construction, barre chords, open chords, the notes of the fretboard, that sort of thing, not just some hard alternate picking ideas that would be good for anyone to practice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.