Okay guys, I just made a new account on Ultimate Guitar (I love the tabs here), and I just wanted to ask a question thats been very confusing to me since the begining. What type of strings should I use on each of my guitars?

My guitars are:

A Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender 70's Edition Stratocaster
Fender Deluxe Telecaster
Ibanez (I forgot the model number)
This guitar called an Airline that Jack White plays.
A Hamer Flametop

I know string choice is pretty much a choice of preference, but I want to know what you guys think.
I really like ernie ball. Depends on how the guitars are tuned also. I like 10-52 for drop D, and I use 11-48 for down 1 whole step. otherwise I just use regular old 9-42 for standard. Although it might depend on how each of those guitars feel. I know a lot of other people who like DR and Dean markely
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Gauge and brand is personal choice, but change them before they go nasty and lose tone... that's a better idea.
I use Elixir ... cos they give them to me and they last forever... advert over.
Quote by guitarplaya322
Ernie Ball .10s are good. thats what i use

What kind of ernie balls? Thery're are like a million different kinds.
^Use cheap ones at first. If you find them breaking a lot, get more expensive ones in the same gauge.

I like my D'Adarrio 11s, but they're too heavy for most people.
I just switched from Ernie Balls and I will never steer away from then again. My favorites are the Heavy Top Slinky Bottom. But i play in atleast Drop D all the time.
I find it amusing that you have such nice gear but don't know what string to use :-x

Edit: fwiw I really like DR strings. They last forever and sound wonderful.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
Quote by RichieJovie
Gauge and brand is personal choice, but change them before they go nasty and lose tone... that's a better idea.
I use Elixir ... cos they give them to me and they last forever... advert over.

+1 on Elixirs i love them, the sound is soo good! i suggest Elixir Nanowebs .09 or .10
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
How bout a little old NOT IN THE MUSICIAN TALK FORUM.

Go to electric guitar or something, but not here. Sorry bro.

*reported*
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help