-----------------------

and just for kicks...
--17-12----------------------------12-17-
--------14----------------------14-------
-----------14----------------14----------
--------------14----------14-------------
-----------------16-12-16----------------
-----------------------------------------

I'm more concerned about the first one right now as I am very new to sweep picking.
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

the 14's are rolled with your finger, if you don't know what that technique is do a search, it's easier than me explaining it.

*edit* Didn't see the last part. Just take the 2nd part off your WAY not ready for it.
The fingering for the first one is 4 1 3 3 3 1 4.

For the second, it's 4 1 3 3 3 4 1 4 3 3 3 1 4
How I would pick the first one (sorry for the double post if it happends) is D U U D D D U

Down being the pick away from you, Up being pulling the pick toward you. I do believe you still have to roll your fingers for the 14's on the 1st one though. Which isn't that easy for a beg. sweeper, why not try a major sweep shape to make it easier?
Thanks for the tip on the finger rolling,

believe me I already knew the second one is WAAAAAAY to advanced for the likes of me, I was just curious
Bought for a few pennies
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

Quote by SOADwannabe
Thanks for the tip on the finger rolling,

believe me I already knew the second one is WAAAAAAY to advanced for the likes of me, I was just curious

np

But seriously, if you don't want to get frusterated trying to learn to sweep, start off with and easier shape. The Major Sweep Shape is the easiest imo.

Also there is a VERY VERY VERY helpful video for beg. here on sweeping. It's by a guest on this website, give me a min i'll grab the link.
Quote by SOADwannabe
How should one go about fingering this?
--17-12----------12-17-
--------14----14-------
-----------14----------
-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------

and just for kicks...
--17-12----------------------------12-17-
--------14----------------------14-------
-----------14----------------14----------
--------------14----------14-------------
-----------------16-12-16----------------
-----------------------------------------

I'm more concerned about the first one right now as I am very new to sweep picking.

I would play it like.. 4 1 3 2 1 4

The second one you roll your finger.
Quote by Guitarfreak777

Thank you SO much!
of course now I'll be obsessing over getting this right forever...'tis a blessing and a curse
Bought for a few pennies
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

Personally, I never roll on a 3 string shape unless it's of the six string inversion.

E Major

-16p12------------
------12---------
--------13-------
-------------
-------------
-------------

E Minor

--15p12------------
-------12----------
---------12---------
--------------
--------------
--------------

I find just using my first finger in an arp like this is much more efficient:

D Minor

-17p13---------
-------15--------
----------14------
---------------
---------------
---------------
Eh, it's far easier to sweep "C" shapes. (R 3 5 [7]). It sounds better to me, and it's far easier as you have a different fret every string.

But, rolling the fingers would work on the first... Second one... eh, I don't think i could sweep that.
Quote by Gordita Supreme
Eh, it's far easier to sweep "C" shapes. (R 3 5 [7]). It sounds better to me, and it's far easier as you have a different fret every string.

But, rolling the fingers would work on the first... Second one... eh, I don't think i could sweep that.

What's a "C" shape? Like the inversion of a 5 string barre-chord-structured arpeggio?
Quote by Gordita Supreme

Well you want to learn all the sweep shapes so you can play the sweeps all over the neck. Also learning the shapes makes learning/applying arpeggios a lot easier.
ive gotten a good portion of the shapes down, but does anyone know where theres a list of all the sweep shapes?