Offline? You mean from a newspaper ad or something? I have bought many guitars ONLINE from eBay and Musician's Friend but you should be familiar with the manufacturer at the very least. Also you'll have to rely on your own ability to set it up properly unless you want to pay someone else to do it for you.
You really should go to a Guitar Center or Sam Ash and try it out first. If you can get a better deal online then great, but make sure it's the right guitar for you.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I got a question aswell.

I'm gonna order a Peavey Valveking 212 today, very soon, but I haven't really tried it out. But many guys shere suggested it when I wanted a good but not too expensive tube amp...
Seen some videos on it, it sounds pretty good to me.

I just wonder if it's really necessary that I try it.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
That has a little more wiggle room than a guitar but not much. Personally i would never decide on something without playing it first. But the Valve King is a pretty good amp, my roomate has one.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
That has a little more wiggle room than a guitar but not much. Personally i would never decide on something without playing it first. But the Valve King is a pretty good amp, my roomate has one.

I've tried it once and I liked it, that's all.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
If you're buying from a dealer or someone that accepts returns, then I thinks it's ok. If you don't like it you can return it. It's a hassle, but sometimes its worth it and you can get some great deals online.
Seriously, I'm in the band.
Quote by xsentrick
If you're buying from a dealer or someone that accepts returns, then I thinks it's ok. If you don't like it you can return it. It's a hassle, but sometimes its worth it and you can get some great deals online.

I'm gonna buy it from thomann.

EDIT: Seems like they have some kinda 30-days money back if the costumer is not happy with what he purchased.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Last edited by fila_93 at Mar 13, 2008,