I have been playing guitar for about 4-5 years now. but only recently got my hands on the electric. I was going through Guitar Licktionary and it had all sorts of difficult licks which I wasn't able to play. It contained bends, pull-offs, hammer-ons all played really quick. I know that I need to play slowly at first to learn it. But I need to be of a higher playing level to be able to play that.

Can someone point me to exercises where I can practice novice licks and then slowly take it from there. Basically I want to get to the playing level of being able to play typical rock solos/licks.
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
have u tried a exorcise like this:

|---------------------------------------2341-------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------1234--------3412-------------------------------------|
|-----------------------4123-----------------------4321------------------------------|
|----------------3412-------------------------------------1234-----------------------|
|--------2341----------------------------------------------------2341----------------|
|1234-------------------------------------------------------------------3412---------|

?
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
Why not work on the solo in Freebird? Its not super hard but has a lot of techniques that you could work on.
Jimi Hendrix is always a good starting point for hammer-ons pull-offs bends if you like him. Or are you looking for just practice drills? Cause if you are I'd just search for "guitar licks" on google and find a site that has licks with soundfiles so you can practice what you like/is at your level.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
@ Metallicsoul92: Yes I have. it was on Steve Vai's 30 Hours workout. I can play that.

@diminishedtobme: Isn't the free bird solo very very tough?

Aren't there any places where I can get licks by playing level. Are Jimi Hendrix songs difficult?
Quote by hendo123456789
@100Roy001: That was great. Thanks so much for that.
Quote by hendo123456789