My drummer bought this guitar from a pawn shop and he lets me use it at our practice. It looks pretty old but it plays rather well. It has HM-5V on the truss cover but upon searching this I am finding with images of totally different guitars. The guitar I'm looking for is almost similar to a Jackson Kelly's body, and it isnt a V but has an upper wing that sticks off like a Rhoads model V. What is this guitar?
Posting a photo might help
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Sorry my scanners shot. Like literally, my dad went Office Space and blew it to sh*t with a 12 gauge.
Quote by The Fret-Dancer
Sorry my scanners shot. Like literally, my dad went Office Space and blew it to sh*t with a 12 gauge.

Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Quote by The Fret-Dancer

ur dad just hop'ed on the fail boat
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
Quote by schecter_r0cker
ur dad just hop'ed on the fail boat

agreed
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Quote by The Fret-Dancer

American, right?

Dumbass, right?
Sounds like a Washburn Culprit to me.

NEVERMIND.

Didn't read the trussrod part.

It's an HM-5V.

Couldn't you figure that out by the truss rod?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 12, 2008,
Quote by The Fret-Dancer
no not a dean z or any other dean. The closest thing to its shape i was able to find was a Jackson Kelly Star and heres a pathetic outline pic to give you an idea.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/Kelly_Star.jpg
it looks like that except the lower wing isnt really a wing, its like its been cut short.
it isnt that culprit someone posted earlier either.

It's an HM-5V dude.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I have an old G-10V from 86. Outstanding guitar from a build/playability standpoint. The soudn is a little too 80's shred to me, but it's a great guitar.
Quote by False_God

I'm new here and just wanted to say thanks for posting that link. I finally found a picture of my HM-5V guitar with the blood splatter paint. I knew it was an 80's model guitar, didn't realize it was '85. I've owned and sold many expensive guitars during the time I've owned my HM-5V, it's one guitar I definitely will never part with. It was made to play metal and it's sounds awesome!