I guess something that was supposed to be so special about the ZR Trem is that you're all able drop tune the low string without it affecting your other strings. I haven't been able to pull this off, do I have to have it so the trem pushes up against that metal bar thing that's connected to the 2 smaller coils?
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
I don't know where you heard that, because its not true. Unless you mean using the fine tuners. I just have my Low E fine tuner right the way in and use it to drop the string to D which doesn't have any effect on the other strings.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
I don't know where you heard that, because its not true. Unless you mean using the fine tuners. I just have my Low E fine tuner right the way in and use it to drop the string to D which doesn't have any effect on the other strings.

Yeah, this is what I meant. But I have mine tuned to D Standard, dropping it to C makes all the rest of the strings sharp.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Well I've never tried it on lower tunings because I'm in standard 98% of the time, but I'd imagine that because there's more slack on the strings in lower tunings, then it would be more susceptible to unintended change.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Well, I figured out how it works, but it just won't work... Haha. The ZPR bar is supposed to hold the Trem down so that it won't "Dive" in more when I tighten my C to a D, but the coils on the bar aren't strong enough to prevent it from Diving... So I don't know wtf is going on, Haha.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
I have a ZR and change between D Standard and Drop C all the time, without going out of tune. Just fiddle around with the tension of the spring till it doesn't go sharp when you tune it. You've got to get it in the right position where the bar's touching the tremolo block and the other V shaped things.
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
Quote by White_Devil
I have a ZR and change between D Standard and Drop C all the time, without going out of tune. Just fiddle around with the tension of the spring till it doesn't go sharp when you tune it. You've got to get it in the right position where the bar's touching the tremolo block and the other V shaped things.

Uh, what V shaped thing?

I use 10 Gauge strings with a 52 Low E, just Fyi. I have my springs tension set to almost all the way loose. Since I need it to touch the bar. It's the bar that stops it from detuning when you change the tuning from C to D and vice versa right?
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Quote by which ones pink
You've got it backwards. You can set it up for drop D and tune to standard with the fine tuners, but not the other way around, due to the way the ZPS bar works.

White Devil seemed to have gotten it to work... Haha.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
What about the EVH de-tuna? I dont know if it works with the ZR, but it sure is cool. My dad's friend has one and its sweet.
The D-tuna does not work on any other trem than the Floyd Rose Original, and it's a bit sketchy for pulling sharp because it sticks out so far. I use the ZR trem and drop it to drop A on my 7 string. You just have to adjust all of the strings usign the fine tuners, and it works well after about 3 minutes of doing so. Just start lowest string, highest strings, 2nd lowest, 2nd highest string. So on a 6 the order to tune the guitar after dropping the tuning using the fine tuners would go (for strings) E,E,A,B,D,G. It is a true feature of the ZR that it doesn't move as much as standard floyd style trems because of a resistance bar it has inside the body, so it doesn't move the trem as much for drop tunings, and strings bends, etc.
Quote by Phry
Uh, what V shaped thing?

I use 10 Gauge strings with a 52 Low E, just Fyi. I have my springs tension set to almost all the way loose. Since I need it to touch the bar. It's the bar that stops it from detuning when you change the tuning from C to D and vice versa right?

You've looked at this? http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g20/madpickin03/Tremolo%20Unit/ZRsetup2.jpg
I set mine up like that and it works for me.
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only